Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fair Or Unfair

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Garth: I agree with that totally. I have raised this before in another post. Sadly young males get behind the wheel of a car and 'the rules' of life make them speed, drive dangerously, do burnouts - whatever. This sometimes comes at a cost, their life or the life of an innocent.

Jafo and I met today, and we discussed this. I have long held the belief that one gets a drivers licence too easily, then are let loose in any sort of vehicle. Surely at the least a restriction on motor size till you have driven for a year or two. Why not have as a component of driving lessons a section that deals with emergency situations, how to control a car in the wet, breaking distances etc etc.

Give a young person a licence, who can now reverse park beautifully, and a powerful car - your just increasing the risk.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Well for those who make a living from ripping people off they sure can play sneaky tactics. They can't get it any other way.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I agree also, as a young person. The fact of the matter is that speed and driving like a moron is a bug that needs to be culled from the system, but usually this only happens the hard way. I have said in previous threads that compulsary and extensive driver training can be one of the only solutions, but even then I know it wont cut down on the foolish driving and speeding. I learned the hard way, with a $600 fine for driving like a ******** on a public road, and I deserved it. Im anti moronic driving now, I employ all young people to save the rage for the track. It endangers others, (more oftern than not in fatal smashes its your mates that pay the ultimate price) and yourself, as well as your beloved car.

I love giving my car a ring in a circle as much as the next guy, but not when it could cost me money or limbs, mine or other.

Use and avalibility of areas to thrash it out - thats another area altogether, I'll stick up a vote for it soon.

Mike.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
About a year after I got my licence I got busted doing 2km/h over the speed limit (60). Obviously the cop did not like the way I looked!

As any 19 year old would do, I took it to court (OK these days you would have to leave town after doing this!), mainly because I was already down to one point and also because I could not afford the money.

Well anyway the Judge laughed it out of court and the cop was given a very big slap on the wrist.

The moral of the story is ....there is none but do you think you would get away with it now? I think not!

Regards Guy.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Thats just crazy. Im pretty sure anyone these days could still get away with 2kph over. No speedo is that accurate.

Mike.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Unfair tactics are what happened to a mates work college. He has a new XR8 and was driving over commenwealth ave bridge in ACT when an SS pulled up beside him and started to give his car a rev. The guy in the XR8 took off and about 500m down the road the SS put its lights on and pulled him over and he was charged for dangerous driving and they said he changed lanes 7 times. Now THAT is unfair!

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
My opinion, speed camera's are our real enemy, Be it fixed or camera van. Let me put it this way, if i'm speeding accidently or deliberately and i get pulled over by a cop with a gun or in a car driving it's a fair ticket, but go past a speed camera that you don't know about you get your photo taken but what else happens? NOTHING, you keep on driving possibly unaware that you are over the speed limit. At least when the cop with a gun or in the car pulls you over he is actually preventing you from continuing to speed (at that point in time anyway), what does the fixed camera or camera van do, takes a photo and that's it. You continue on your merry way, at exactly the same speed. If that isn't the biggest example of failing in there duty of care towards motorists i don't know what is, the fact that the cop in the van just sits there and watches you go by when they could,ve given him a gun to do the same job makes me shake my head in disbelief at the way the pollies think.

How would you go in court if you took photo's of someone bashing the **** out of someone else,had the means to prevent this incident from continuing further, but did nothing about it but watch. You'd probably get bent over and royally reamed.

This is exactly what fixed and camera van's are doing to us, take a photo and let us get back to you after we've finished our donut's.

Question the cop's about all this and they say don't blame us where only doing our jobs, fair enough, but their also the one's that could stand up for themselves and refuse to enforce laws that go over the top.

Mention duty of care to them (they are public servants after all) and they don't like being on the receiving end.

Laslty, Yes- i have a number of friends that are cop's.
No- i don't condone speeding in any way, you should drive to the current
conditions of the road. Unfortunately sometimes this is higher than the
stated speed.