Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faking out the "Fast & Furious" boys...

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Anyone else done this?
I have noticed a heap of imports in town lately...masses of them, and while some are quite nice looking cars, the arrogance displayed by a lot of teh drivers pisses me enormously...I mean, there are other ways of getting horsepower than mounting huge intercoolers on small imports and fitting show-off valves (whoops, sorry, I mean "Blow-off valves... :p ) that are set so low that I am sure none of he boost is actually reaching the tiny cylinders....but it sounds good to thier mates.
That and the fact that even if you have a good driving record and are over 25 years old, you can hardly get insurance for the things, and when you can, it will cost thousands of dollars...in fact I am reliably informed that practically none of the young guys in town with imports have them insured at all...

Anyway, my son and I took to the wifes little car on the weekend to stir up the Fast & Furious gang a bit....
It's a 1973 Corolla Coupe...not a bad looking little dunger I suppose, and dead reliable. We fitted a 3" exhaust tip...well...a 3" stainless steel offcut from work, polished up and mounted to stick at a downward angle at the back so you can't look up it and see the asthmatic little one-and-a-half-inch standard exhaust system... :p . We the fitted an old sports steering wheel I had lying around, put a big old tacho on the steering column redlined at 7000 rpm...not that the poor little thing will rev over about 4500...
We then put a "battery location" triangle on the bonnet and "tow" arrow stickers front and rear, and a large "TR-D" sticker in the back window. We are yet to arrange a row of stickers down each side of the front of the doors...but when we do, they will be home designed and from a distance will look like the common Ricer boy stickers (G-Reddy, ApexI, etc), but up close they will have some novelty wording and be a parody on the originals...
There are other things in the pipeline, like maybe a fake intercooler or a blow-off valve attatched to a can of compressed air with a solenoid actuator so it can make the correct "whoosh" noise when you are driving along...I don't know...it depends what the missus will let me get away with! :p

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
hahaha sounds like fun, make sure you go out and accelerate past them, then make up ricey excuses as to why you can't race.. my boost controller is stuck on low.. etc.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Already got that covered..."I gotta new chip and the laptop hasn't been able to download the specs to get the motor pumpin' man",
Or something to do with having raced and sped so much that you only have a couple of points left on your licence...that works too...and if you see the number of full-house Skylines and so-on being driven like Morris Minors, you'll see that might be a good and believeable excuse... :p
Or yeah, the boost controller one would be good.

Keep stirring the pot, that's my motto.... :D

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
mate, for the blow-off valve effect you need to grab the latest copy of street machine as they have some sort of device that simulates the psssht noise. i couldnt beleive it when i saw it... been thinking about getting one for me ute!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah there was a link on ct.. I'll find it and post it here.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
hahaha, thats a pissa mate. Go get those lil ricer brats, they prolly won't even realise your taking the piss out of them! :D

Andy :)