Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

family guy or the simpsons

which is best. family guy or the simpsons

• Total voters

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
The Simpsons is FAR cleverer than Family Guy. We are talking degrees of excellence here, I love both shows, but I can watch The Simpsons with my 8-year-old son (and do so at least 10 times a week!) - he loves it, but misses a lot of the jokes - I mean he gets the innocent bits, that are aimed at the kids, but he misses all of the innuendo, which is a large part of why a love it. We used to watch Family Guy regularly as well, but I thought a lot of the jokes were just inviting too many uncomfortable unneccesary questions. Now I watch it alone. I also think Futurama is better than Family Guy, but still not as good as The Simpsons.

I can't wait for a 24hr dedicated Simpsons channel on Foxtel.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
The Simpsons is FAR cleverer than Family Guy. We are talking degrees of excellence here, I love both shows, but I can watch The Simpsons with my 8-year-old son (and do so at least 10 times a week!) - he loves it, but misses a lot of the jokes - I mean he gets the innocent bits, that are aimed at the kids, but he misses all of the innuendo, which is a large part of why a love it. We used to watch Family Guy regularly as well, but I thought a lot of the jokes were just inviting too many uncomfortable unneccesary questions. Now I watch it alone. I also think Futurama is better than Family Guy, but still not as good as The Simpsons.

that channel is called fox 8.

the simpsons USED to be clever. a lot of the jokes from the earlier episodes i never understood until many years later, and thats one of the reasons why they have such good replay value. these new episodes are so simple that the second time you watch them they are already old and boring. every new episode seems to follow the same basic structure and the same old jokes.
i know im putting too much thought into a simple tv show, but the damn thing has run for 18 years and they need to know when to stop a show before it gets repetitive.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I agree with the part where you can watch a simpsons episode a few times without getting sick of it. When i was young and watched the simpsons i missed a lot of the jokes. mainly cause i didnt understand them but now that im a bit older i can watch them again and its like a different show again. But now i think ive seen every episode over 10times each so its getting a bit repetitive, now im a big family guy fan. Ive just finished watching season 4 and just seen that season 5 is now out at the shops:)

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
ye im with the not understanding simpsons til older..
but family guy is THE BOMB!!! haha
also gotta love american dad! makes me nearly pee my pants all the time!! lol

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
snapshot20061103225317a.jpg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

6pm in our house is sacred lol, all of us assemble to watch the Simpsons. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I couldnt agree more with your comments on Simpsons V Family Guy re kids.... I have Family Guy on DVD & my kids always wanting to watch it, but I dont like them to see the very adult topics that are openly discussed on the show.

Simpsons & Futurama are classic kid/adult shows, much like the way PIXAR movies are going, with both adult & kid jokes... I think this makes it cleverer & funnier overall. Anyone can make a cartoon funny with dirty jokes, takes more brains to make one dirty that seems clean.... & do it for 18 years or so. :w00t: :bow:

So although I love Family Guy, Simpsons always comes first in this house followed by Futurama if we are with the kids, or Family Guy without them.

D.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Simpsons. Never really got into Family Guy for some reason.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
Family guy owns Simpsons...

For a comparison...

1 Peter v Homer= Peter
2 Lois v Marge= Lois
3 Stewie v Maggie= do i even need to answer
4 Lisa v Meg= lol prob Meg i dunno who cares
5 Chris v Bart= Probably Bart
6 Brian v Santa's Little Helper= again do i even need to answer

so there family wins by 83%

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
family guy 4sure as its so much funnier.
you to love the simpsons but seen all the eps to many times.

have you guys noticed how simpsons are trying to copy family guy now with similar jokes?