Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fan Belt/Pully problems

kurupt99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commordore 60th Ann
Hey Guys i just bought a new Holden VE 60th anniversary, and recently they fan belt or pully has been making noises, i took it back to the dealership i got it from and it was still under warranty got it fixed, but then it started again, What do u reckon the problem is? i Got a Sound system but in sub and everything would that be creating the problem?

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
HI
I also got 08 sv6 60 anniv
Took it back to dealer they had to adjust the shaft on the power steering pulley to line the belt up properly, they adjust the shaft with a special tool. Fixed the noise straight away no more noise!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if it sounds like a screatching sound then change your fan belt.

these are brand new cars, you should get atleast 5 years out of a belt on an alloytec roughly,

as stated, its and alignment issue with the powersteer pump

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
these are brand new cars, you should get atleast 5 years out of a belt on an alloytec roughly,

as stated, its and alignment issue with the powersteer pump

It depends. There are a number of different issues with the powersteering pump pulley. Some had uneven bands on them, which causes the squeal, and as said, some are installed too far in, causing an alignment issue so need to be adjusted.

BustedNut

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Sedan
Yep!!

Had the same issue with my 60th Ann VE.. Although it would only do it for a couple of minutes until warm..

Of course by the time I'd get it to the dealer it was all nice and quiet. Sadly the dealer didn't believe me, so I had to leave it with them o/night so they could hear it first had the following morning.. It seems they don't trust the customer..

Had it sorted, the same alignment issue as stated above, but returned a little while later so another trip to the dealer..

All has been well recently, 'cept for a flat battery, just read the battery drain thread so will get them to check at next service..

Cheers,

BustedNut

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Speaking of belt/pulley issues.....Had to have harmonic balancer replaced on my VE this week after only 60,000k