Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fan not blowing out of dash - VR

SiKC.VR

hoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
i have a climate control system, it doesnt blow out of the dash, u can hear the fan working but only blows under the dash (floor) my guess is a leaking or disconnected vacuum hose, i checked around the engine bay nothing seems to be out of place, took off the centre fascia and there was a square shaped plastic hose leading towards the cabin from the engine not connected to anything.. ?

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
that sounds like the issue but a pic would speek athousand words.....

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I'm having the same problem, replaced the vac solenoid box - only to find theres no vacuum getting to those hoses.
Checked cables behind throttle body seemed ok, upon pulling apart I found the tpiece was blocked.
So i'm going to replace the tpiece and the one way valve and also blow through the system with compressed air to make sure it's working.

If that doesn't work i'll try replacing the vacuum resivor

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The square shaped "hose" will be the duct to the in cabin temperature sensor. It clips onto the back of the climate control module.

Yep, vac. leaks.

It's just case of looking and systematically checking for leaks. A syringe can be used as a vacuum pump.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
The new tpiece fixed mine!! The old solenoid block was leaking too so that needed to be replaced.

Quick question, at the moment i'm getting vacuum when the cars running, but no vacuum when it's off -
is that normal or do I need to replace the vac tank?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Not normal. The vacuum should hold for a few days or more. There's still a leak somewhere, perhaps the one way valve, perhaps the tank. The syringe is good, and cheap, because you can pull the vacuum and hold the syringe to see if the suction stays. Testing the tank with one is less accurate, even with a big syringe. Removing the tank - two bolts - and pressurising it with the syringe, even blowing into the hose end, in a laundry tub should show any leaks as air bubbles.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok thanks, might just replace the tank. Could there be a vacuum leak somewhere near the heater tap area as well?
because the heater still doesn't work properly - i think i can hear some sort of hissing in the engine bay still but it's hard to tell.
How do i check for vac leaks on the heater tap?

edit: SiKC.VR had any luck with yours yet?

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
How do you know if the Vaccum tank is faulty ???? I have the same problem as you guys . Only blowing air at my feet . I have checked the T-piece and the one way valve and both seem to be in good order . The vac hoses seem to be in good nic .