Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fan not working

Old fart

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr basic
Folks I got a problem, the cabin fan takes about 2 min to s/w on after selected on,I've studied the wiring diagrams and the only thing it could be is the " warning lamp check relay"(during start it pulls in to put the brake fail light on, so you can check the bulb, as the relay relaxes it supplies an earth to the ignition relay which pulls in and allows pwr to fuse 9 ,and then the fan via the s/w).Now the problem ,I cannot seem to find it. In my manual ,apart from the wiring diagram its not mentioned at all.

Hope you can help
Old fart

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Sure its not an intermittent fan speed resisitor assy?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The lamp check relay, will have to look to give you a definite answer, but I think it is with all the fuses inside, near the steering wheel. Either that or under the bonnet.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I had this same problem and YES it is the lamp check relay!! Replaced mine and it came on every time after that...

Marvin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
It's under the bonnet next to the fuel pump relay marked "L.P. Check".

I had to replace mine a few months back, would work when it felt like it then died completely.

Old fart

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr basic
Thanks

Thanks for the help,the relay fixed the problem.Stupid me,I looked under the relay cover twice and still missed it (I've got a excuse, I'm old).
Thanks again

Jamesr86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
Thanks for the help,the relay fixed the problem.Stupid me,I looked under the relay cover twice and still missed it (I've got a excuse, I'm old).
Thanks again

I had the same problem with my 95 VS acclaim, 1 whole year of putting up with an intermittent blower. I tried almost everything, pulled the entire dash out, blower resistor, still did not fix it. I thought I would give it another go today and see if this problem was experienced by anyone else. So here I am with the dash and everything pulled apart when I stumble upon this thread. I always wondered what the LP Check was, never bothered with it until now. I swapped the LP Check relay with the Fuel Pump relay and they both work and I HAVE A WORKING FAN!!!!! Thanx heaps for all the suggestions.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Anyone know what would cause a fan to only work on '3' and 'HI'? '1' and '2' dont blow any air, (ie: the fan doesnt run) but still activates the aircon system?

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
is this related too the demister at all because i have the same fan problem coupled with the demister not working when it feels like it, sometimes turning the demister on will cut out the fan aswell.