Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fan remains on for 30 seconds after car is turned off?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Just got my car back from the panel beaters today after I have a collision with a kangaroo at 80ks, car looks and drives beautifully its only after I got home and got out of the car I noticed the fan was still on.. Turn the car back on then off again and it went off straight away so I ignored it for tonight, I didn't get to check the temp gauge even though I should have but just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem before?

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
my 08 ve omega does it when its really hot (giving it a hard time) or i have had air con going as manual says it does it to cool engine down

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
check your guage check all fluids i had my front end replaced not long ago after rear ending a 4wd

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Oh okay man cheers for your info ill check the gauge tomorroe its just it never ever used to do it over the 2 months I had it for

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
i had it stay on for up to 50 seconds when i went out bush with it had some fun out there but yeah it got really hot i advise going into engineering mode hold in button on steering wheel whilst turning car from off to start scrolling down to coolent temp going for a drive and see what temp it reaches anything over 110 would get me starting to worry as mine sits on 90 thats normal also check colour of coolent should be a orange colour thats genuine holden coolent if it not orange or green get it flushed asap so check fluid lvls enter engineering mode check temp say 20 min drive should be good see how u go let us know

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Hold in what button sorry? Trip?

EDIT... Is this for a VT as listed as your ride?????
As you are in the VE Section.
Or have I written all this for nothing????

With the ignition off, hold down the Mode and Up Arrow buttons.
Turn ignition to "On".
Release the buttons and start the car
This will give you additional information on the led Odometer/trip window, such as...volts, fuel remaining, litres used per hour, engine temperature, vehicle speed etc.
To scroll through the different information, press the Mode button.

Holding down the Mode and Down Arrow buttons, use the same procedure as above, except wait for a beep before releasing the buttons. This will also give other information. Half of, which I have no idea what it is.

When the car is turned off, the display will revert back to the original information.
To revert back to the normal settings while the car is running, press both the up and down arrows together.
It is not possible as far as I know, to change the display while the engine is running.

Last edited:

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
if its ve hold in the button u use to select items in the computer the roller on left side push in and turn key it will load up engineering mode let us know

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Most modern cars do this, especially when the car is hot be it because of the climate or being given the berries. In fact, some cars will even turn on the fan when the car is locked just to ensure things aren't getting too hot & bothered.

Being winter, unless you've been driving it hard & not allowing it some cool down driving / idling before shutting it down, it does seem a bit out of place.