Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fantale

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Correct, that show car was a take on LMF....although not actually LMF.

Each to their own..I was aware of comparisons with tiger mica when making my colour choice but LMF is really far brighter with a much more metallic sparkle in the sun. For me it was a toss up between SOAG & LMF but definitely needed to be one of the new VF2 colours to mark the end of Aussie manufacturing..I’m certainly not disappointed with LMF and dark tint on a wagon....and as has been shown since, choices in new cars these days tend to be limited to white, black and 80 shades of grey.

Absolutely each to their own. I've got a common white car, so certainly no aspersions being cast from my end. They're all great cars, irrespective of colour. :)

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Absolutely each to their own. I've got a common white car, so certainly no aspersions being cast from my end. They're all great cars, irrespective of colour. :)
I certainly wouldn’t knock back a “common white” Senator. In fact just today I was mesmerised by a white late model Clubbie coming in the opposite direction.

My first two ‘dores (VT I & II sedans) were Heron, followed by two Quicksilvers sedans, followed by two Phantom sedans and currently a Phantom ute along with the LMF wagon. So as you can see, my comments about white, black & grey (or silver) doesn’t mean that I haven’t appreciated these colours in the Commodore shape over the years...I guess I’m just disappointed that now most manufacturers don’t seem to want to give any other colour choices (except maybe red) for anyone who might want something different ....all necessary cost cutting I guess.

Apart from the LMF we did also have a Poison Ivy ute and would have gone a second in that colour but of course that was discontinued pretty quickly.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I guess I’m just disappointed that now most manufacturers don’t seem to want to give any other colour choices (except maybe red) for anyone who might want something different ....all necessary cost cutting I guess.
Yep … they stick to the most common colours (or "shades" rather than "colours" for the most part!), as they're scared of having cars sitting around unsold for too long … and people buy those most common colours because traditionally they've been the easiest to shift, because while they're not exciting to anyone they're also not offensive to anyone.