Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fantale

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Hi guys,

So when the VF was released I really likes fantale, but having seen it in real life its rather matte and boring. Did anyone else notice that the fantale show car was a brilliant glossy, metallic orange, meanwhile production cars are nowhere near as glossy or metallic ?

just a thought, I'd be getting Karma or Redhot anyways, this time around Redhot seems much classier then in the past.

cheers.

4SSFED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS KPM500
be careful red cars always fade faster than any other colour, the fantale ones i have seen here in Adelaide looks pretty nice and shinny maybe just the ones u have seen, the only thing i dont like is all the crome around the whindows and on the handles and stuff just looks cheap.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Current holden reds are cleared, so won't fade like they used to (pre- VY2). Most whites and reds are cleared now, except for commercial vehicles.

I agree about the fantale. I saw the promo car at Top Gear festival while I was there. Was definitely custom painted and fairly well finished. Totally different colour to what was released. VFs are full of peel and dust nibs. Worst paint holden has done in a while. I've still ordered one though... Hope it's thick enough to sand...

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What are model are you getting Tinny?

OllieTwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
Nice tinny! I stuck. My head in one today while the ute was getting serviced. I'm now regretting that lol.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Well I wont be getting one anytime soon, was thinking about trading up the other day. They offered me 14k for my SS-V its a manual 09 with 60k on the clock. I politely told them where they could stick their Commodore and was on my way.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Well I wont be getting one anytime soon, was thinking about trading up the other day. They offered me 14k for my SS-V its a manual 09 with 60k on the clock. I politely told them where they could stick their Commodore and was on my way.

Private sale should give you mid 20's to sub 30's I reckon, dealer trade-ins are very rarely competitive to a private sale.

steeVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I reckon, dealer trade-ins are very rarely competitive to a private sale.

This is true, Although i traded in my 2007 VE Lumina for a new VF SS-V Redline and was offered 10k for it with 104k on the clock.. Just depends who you get & which dealership you go to