Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fast Internet?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'm on a fraudband 80/20 plan. While it pulls big numbers one of those big numbers is ping, so it's actually not as impressive as you might think but certainly more impressive than the folk on the other side of the suburb lucky to get 1.5mb.

5678685059.png

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'd post up speeds, but I don't want people to laugh too hard.

The fact that a 11 year old complete housing estate only had ADSL 1 up to just over 2 years ago will give you an idea as to what I think of Telstra. Thank-you pair-gain rims, you arseholes. It should have been illegal that Telstra locks you in to using them or an off-net reseller at a HUGE markup. We were paying $80/month for ADSL 1 with 20GB a month not including line rental, when plenty of ISPs at the time were doing unlimited ADSL 2+ including home phone and mobile calls AND line rental for the same cost.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
nope 38km from the cbd Adelaide :) Old copper wire in a 70's suburb 14km from the exchange...speed test aren't really good indicators of connection
should post your dsl stats from the modem

You're lucky.....I live 20 ish Kays North of the CBD and I've got to wait 10 years for NBN to hit my surburb....If I go 2 kays in any direction (as the crow flies), I'd have it right now. Perfect Adelaide planning with the roll out

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
You're lucky.....I live 20 ish Kays North of the CBD and I've got to wait 10 years for NBN to hit my surburb....If I go 2 kays in any direction (as the crow flies), I'd have it right now. Perfect Adelaide planning with the roll out
Same here for nbn...there is wifi that looks pretty good speed wise...looked into it as I just changed isp's, but my house is to low in regards to tree clutter. The cost was a little to high to justify the risk...Im not to bad off, can stream SD videos from stan and netflix fine and as I have unlimited d/l large sized files can trickle down when Im in bed :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That's fairly much what we do, download big stuff overnight but our speed is good enough to stream most of the time. You definitely notice though when the system is at full load as it can slow down plenty on bad days.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but looks like NZ is well on its way to having high speed Internet at home.

One of my work mates did a test on the newly released Gb home connection here in Christchurch and got 636Mb Down & 548Mb up!
Christchurch is the latest Gigicity, all 200Mb connection with the local provider got an free upgrade to 1Gb

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Im on NBN on the gold coast in a new estate.
Only on a 25/5 - 3ms ping. It has been flawless and very impressed by it. I can go up to 100/40 speed, but i moved from a speed of 3/0.3 and 5038573 drop outs adsl. It's more than enough for the family here. Watch netflix and 2 youtube videos all at 1080 no worries at the same time.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
I'm on Telstra's FTTH and get either 30 or 100 mbps down. I opt to save the $20 a month and stick with 30 mbps down. I limit my downloads to 1Mb/sec anyway so they're not noticeable. Can still stream and browse all with awesome speeds.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
This is at work:

e5tYRKi.png

Don't ask me how.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
This is at work:

e5tYRKi.png

Don't ask me how.
Yep thats quick alright, Corporate circuits are often on Gb connections and usually guaranteed (not contested), but its great to have a similar opportunity at home for NZ$60 a month now :)
Even if it is contested it should give some very quick downloads and no doubt plenty of copyright notifications.