Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fast n Loud - Gas Monkey Garage

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
ITS BACK?? i know what im watching tomoro

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
So whats he gonna do with the F40? cold feet or stick with it?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I reckon he will stick with it. He can't help it. Doing up and selling cars is like a gambling addiction for him and its obvious how much of a rush he gets win or lose.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep i think he'll keep it too. hes playing with big money. what was it $134 an hour labour?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
yep i think he'll keep it too. hes playing with big money. what was it $134 an hour labour?

Already at 3 times the original cost. 200k just on body panels alone. Stupid move on their part considering they had to outsource all the work. I can see him sticking with it but losing money big time. They have this million dollar figure in their head but I can guarantee that was for a mint example that wasn't a write off.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
They have this million dollar figure in their head but I can guarantee that was for a mint example that wasn't a write off.

yeah pretty sure they said the record was a mill 50k, and that would have been mint, not repaired. reckon they'd be pushing to get over the 800k esp if they respray it.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
True that. The Ferrari would look epic in the black but considering the model they'd be stupid to change the original colour.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Already at 3 times the original cost. 200k just on body panels alone. Stupid move on their part considering they had to outsource all the work. I can see him sticking with it but losing money big time. They have this million dollar figure in their head but I can guarantee that was for a mint example that wasn't a write off.

exactly, hes best off sellin it to his mate.

as you said if he was doing the work in his shop i could see it sort of worth his while. but paying another shop... bit backwards.

ill be amazed if someone pays big money for a written off car, thats not the original colour and will have tacky interior mods.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
exactly, hes best off sellin it to his mate.

as you said if he was doing the work in his shop i could see it sort of worth his while. but paying another shop... bit backwards.

ill be amazed if someone pays big money for a written off car, thats not the original colour and will have tacky interior mods.

I wouldn't buy a car that had bits of the chassis welded in because it was so bent either. Even more so a 200+mph car.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I wouldn't buy a car that had bits of the chassis welded in because it was so bent either. Even more so a 200+mph car.

when investing THAT much money into a written off car you'd think you inspect it a little bit better, not just talk numbers straight away.

**** even pull it into the shed for the day and strip it a little bit to see how much damage exactly its had.

even if the guy selling it said no, either way your not getting burnt.