Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FAST102 manifold on an LS2.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I have been running with a FAST102 manifold for quite a while now and all I can say is that they work and are so much better than the LS2 inlet manifold.
I did about 8hrs of solid internet surfing on the subject before deciding to buy this one.
Over the std LS2 manifold this has increases everywhere not just at the top end and you can definitley feel it when driving especially at lower speeds on hills where the extra torque is noticable.
Of all the threads I read on the subject the following was thread was probably the most helpful espaecially the posts by Tony Mamo from AFR (posts 3 and 9)
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...s-90-92-a.html

Just a little extra was that prior to this I was considering CNC'd higgins heads but that was around $2K plus supplied and fitted.
So the under $1k I spent on this was well worth it plus only took a couple of hours to fit.
Hardest part in fitting was removing the rear engine lifting ring from the back of the drivers side head, 2 x 16mm bolts, to make room for the fast102.
If I can muster up some more cash down the track might still do some higgins heads but at the moment I am pretty happy with the results from fitting the fast102.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I'd save your cash on the higgins and either get imported CNC'd 243's (and on sell yours) or get a decent hand porter to work some magic as you have a small cam you want the heads to suit. You pay more for the Higgins name branding than the cost to port heads

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I don't want to sound stupid,but can you do both the fast manifold and ported heads?.I have 6ltr L98 in my SS with a small cam 217 / 225 .600" .578" 113 lsa and i pulled a 12.510 last weekend that the drags and i'm just wondering is it worth spending a bit more money.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Sorry should have mentioned that the LS1 and LS2 use cathederal port heads and this is where the Fast102 cathederal manifold shines especially against a poor flowing manifold like the LS2 is fitted with.
Purely on dollar value for an L98 you are better off staying with the std manifold as the standard (L98/L76/LS3) rectangle port manifolds already breath very well and the gains with the Fast 102 rectangle port manifold are only very small in comparison.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Is the Fast a plug and play setup as in fuel rails, throttle body etc? We have a couple of LS2s, and sounds like a great setup.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yep.
There are a few minor things that need doing besides normal removal and refitting.
Drill hole for the map sensor, there are 2 to choose from, front for LS2 and rear for all earlier LS1/LS6's.
Next remove the rear lifting bracket from the back of the drivers side head.
This is needed as the new manifold is a bit bigger out the rear and hits the lifting bracket while still about 10mm too far forward.
The LS2 fuel rails and 90mm TB just bolt straight up.
Last I had to re route the drivers side injector wiring to the inside of the fuel rail so the map sensor branch/plug could reach the map sensor.
The Map sensor hole is more towards the centre of the TB opening on the Fast where as it is on the side on the std manifold.
The vac and brake hoses at rear go back just like they were.
Make sure every thing plugged in and tight and just start her up, mine idled perfect straight away.
I will one day extend the map sensor wiring and put the wiring back where it should be only because it is a bit tight between the front injector plug and the map sensor.
Some of the US shops sell a map sensor extension for the LS2 because the earlier fast 90/92 only had map sensor located at rear like LS1's.
But with the new Fast102 it really is setup for the LS2.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
Looks good, iv got the old lsx102 manifold and 102 throttle body, wish they had this in black when i got mine.
Looks factory.
I've got the ls1 but a fare bit of engine work, only problem i had is the map sensor on the back in the ls1 hits on the pipes and fire wall at the back once conected and actually broke the sensor on start up, all sorted now though.

If your looking for good ported heads and in Melbourne go to head stud development, see Eddie there, he does a fantastic job.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
I looked at my 102 and thought it was easier to move the map sensor to the front so it wasn't so cluttered behind the manifold

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I looked at my 102 and thought it was easier to move the map sensor to the front so it wasn't so cluttered behind the manifold

Did you extend the wires yourself or use one of the extension cables you can buy?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
bought a cable and its a much neater look.