Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fasteners

MILD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais - 355, Powerglide, 9"
Can anyone recommend an alternative to the factory trim clips which hold on the door cards. When I pulled them off to get at my windows some broke and the only option I have found so far are replacement items from Rare Spares that don't come cheap for what they are.

Is there any cheaper alternative that is actually better?

Also, when people are bolting power window regulators back in what size- as in length as well as height of both the nut and the head of the bolt- is best? I don't want to go too long and foul on the window or make the trim sit up further than it should.

Thanks.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Try the wreckers or maybe a panel beaters, not sure of the power window stuff though.

Portunio

The Gaffa Tape Wizard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S2 V6
You want M8 thread bolts, roughly 16-20mm in length. From memory those are the ones we use. You can still get the correct rivets from Holden and many mechanics would recommend this rather than bolts as they reduce the risk of anything coming loose, however I've personally never had trouble with bolts - but a little loctitie never hurts.
As for the clips, I'd personally just take a trip down to your local pick-a-part and grab a few there. Chances are you may find a door trim thats already been removed just floating around.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
you can get trim clips from the wreckers, unless they've ripped of the door card itself? then don't try liquid nails.. lol :rofl2:

and for the power window bolts, i'd recommend rivets (they don't have to be genuine, you CAN of course use any) but each to their own. Up to you.
If you think you'll be needing to remove again soon, then maybe drilling out may not be your thing, go with bolts..