Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faster Car Opinions

A

Alex_Vl_com

hi, i just joined, complementes to the admin for a great site

I wanna get a faster car for under $10000
What would you suggest.

And does anyone know where i can get a 253 or 308 motor from.

Regards

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
why don't you turbo the one you have? or buy a turbo one?

as for the 253 or 308......... ummmmmm....... anywhere. go for a nice country drive and look for cars in paddocks then go ask the owner if you can buy the engine out of one. or go to a country town and ask some guys in the pub or in a spare parts shop and ask the workers if they know someone with one.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
hunt around and you should find a VX Commie at auctions, car yards, private sales ...

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
The list for fast cars under 10000 will be huge. Youll be able to get a immaculate v6 converted gemini with loads of mods ( very fast, great economy ) Just about any near show condition kingswood with a nice 308-355. There is plenty of fast commies out there for under 10g. Are you after new looks and economy or something that turns heads and has big balls?

A

Alex_Vl_com

Speed and Economy - Both Please

yeah, i would like to have both, but if forced to pick, i want more power
But as my mate tells me

Speed Costs Money, how fast do you want to go.

Me and my mate were gonna do up a torana with a 253 or 308,
Also, another workmate is willing to sell me a Turbocharged Corvette for $16000.

More Power Please, i would Turbo my VL but i don't know anyone that can do it for a reasonable price. If anyone knows any reasonable prices and the location of his workshop in QLD, please reply

Regards

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why does everyone want a fast street car? So you can be beaten by piss slow cars on the road? So that every wanker wants to race you at the lights? Fast cars are only fun at the track, otherwise they are just a pain in the ass with all the wannabe's on the roads these days.

GLD-086

Reaction score
Why does everyone want a fast street car? So you can be beaten by piss slow cars on the road? So that every wanker wants to race you at the lights? Fast cars are only fun at the track, otherwise they are just a pain in the ass with all the wannabe's on the roads these days.

I agree.

To me a fast car, is only good, when you can use it legally.

Can't see the point, in say a 400hp VLT and use it as a street car, when I can't use it.:)

That's why, I've stuck to a nice cruiser look.:)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I agree.

To me a fast car, is only good, when you can use it legally.

Can't see the point, in say a 400hp VLT and use it as a street car, when I can't use it.:)

That's why, I've stuck to a nice cruiser look.:)

With my VT now, i don't even bother doing a 0 - speed limit, i need about 2 free lanes to do it safe, hence why i keep it for the track..