Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fastest Stock commodore ever made??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
My VP by manual shifting the auto can rip up the Rear of a VQII Statesman.
And also my nephew has just done some big work on his VL Calais.
Headers performence tune rebuilt tranny with better shifting, New LSD 3.9. Suspension work he has paid over $2500 on upgrades and mods. It's ment to be about 140kw now. Would you think that could take my little VP stock no mods at all and blocked Air filter??? No:D

We are going to the drags maybe after bathurst to settle the fight once and for all.
I think i have one of them cars that come out 1 in 100,000 the one that comes with extra go go over the other standard ones. Anyone else get wheel cherps when dropping gears around 40-50kp/h???. I have drove the VN's VR's VS's. This VP is the fastest by heaps.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
excluding the alloytech.. its veepee followed close by vn.... yes the power isnt much more.. but when did power become the key focus down a quarter mile people!!!

V

VNBOY

i just thought about it, wouldnt the VS be quicker than a VP and a VN, its only 50 kg heavier and has approx 30 extra kW.

Y

yotaman

do u think the my 1992 vq would beat me mates 2000 vx, both stock as a rock engine wise, but my vq has a 2.5ich exhaust with super convertor?????

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
VN/VP's are quicker than VS's or any other stock 6 (bar 190 alloytec) even though the weight difference between VN & VS is only approx 70 - 80kg (VN 1310kg - VS 1387kg execs) and VS have 147kw ecotec. i believe the reasons are:

1. Auto's calibration. Later autos were made to be smoother which seemed to soak up power from the engine so to speak.
2. Ecotec was designed to provide a much more progressive power output, even though peak power came at the same 4,800(approx). Vn's have more punch down low. This is helped by tranny's habits.

yotaman, i think you're in with a good chance - bear in mind that vq statesmans weighs over 100kg more than exec. depends on how tired your car is too i spose...

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
i vouch for the vn's prowess after flogging my old man in his '02 VX spac in my old vn v6 5spd
muahaha

plus i consistantly kept up with any stock vn/vp v8 out there (up to about 70k's of course then its BYEEEeeeeee haha)

i totally miss that car ... :cry:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
So the easy was to say it is.. The VS was very flat on take off by then the VN-VP was gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone.
But get them @ 50kp/h moving rolling race and the VS will come into it's own.

But with my VP it has a pancake exhuast (was 5" low:eek: )cracked header air filter ****, Tranny needs a servies fast. After i do all this it will be even faster:D

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
bellmouth was implemented to stop the back to cylinders running leaner than the front four, idea is to make the air reach the centre of the plenum then run out to each cylinder rather than just coming into the plenum then taking the path of less restriction which was the back to cylinders

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
bellmouth was implemented to stop the back to cylinders running leaner than the front four, idea is to make the air reach the centre of the plenum then run out to each cylinder rather than just coming into the plenum then taking the path of less restriction which was the back to cylinders, never had a ecotec powered unit get pass me under 100km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.