Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fastest vn v6 1/4 time

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Does anyone know what the fastest recorded vn v6 1/4 mile time is?

I have got a vn v6 that I have dedicated to dragging and was curious about how fast these things have gone...I think I have heard about an 11.something sec pass before.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
This is all just from memory but without a turbo The record is somewhere around 13.7?, there's three cars that have been in the 13's. Vengence pre turbo with a high 13, A stroked VN?(which has the most mph and most potential but the owner is in the states?) and a mega worked standard stroke (which has the record)

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
What about CHARG6?

http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/workshop.asp?ProjectID=7

11.4sec ET @ 117mph (Although L67 isn't that the ecotec s/c engine?)

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpuVG5epzYg

10 sec VN wagon, there is a thread about it on another commodore forum (to do with some magazine about commodores)

"some specs on the car are Vn v6 wagon, series 1 engine, turbocharged, custom manifolds, th400 transmission with trans brake and 4500rpm converter, modified borg warner with 31 spline semi floating axles."

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
pay attention man :p I said no turbo what I ment and what I should have said :) is non boosted, you cant really ask how fast a VN or anything has gone with boost because it just depends how much boost you screwed into it and how much money you had for stronger parts. But yes for a NA VN if you do a 13.5 right now you will be king

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Forced induction or N/A shouldn't matter, we are just talking VN V6...it's not like we have a broad spectrum of 10 - 12 sec cars to profile.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
in the US they have the humble buick 3.8 fitted standard with a turbo. i've seen these in forums overthere claiming in excess of a 1000hp. so a might VN with one of these should do a 10s 1/4 no probs HP=$$$$:whistling

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah there are 100's of buick v6's way under 10 seconds in the states with pretty much the same motor. I've seen videos of a few with 1600hp. Theres no reason why it wouldn't be the same deal here if you wanted to do it, I know the pistons and rods fit so I guess the crank does too

S

scared_

heared of 12's in a NA v6 VN, changed the cam, rockers de comp pistons and a few other things im still trying to find out so i can do to mine

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
geezus, 12s in a n/a is pretty good. At the moment I havent made any internal work, just weight reduction, zorst, cold air, chip, mini spool etc etc. I thought ill try to see if I could get close to the n/a record, but if it is in the 12s I dont think I have a hope in hell. I am going to aim for 12s though, but thats with a lil blue bottle later on.