Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FATSSV - Charged, cammed, bagged and "stanced"

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
what are the tyre widths? isn't it cheating to say you have 10's all round when you put 9" tyres on?

Haha can see what you mean in terms of defeating the purpose of having extra width being offset by skinny tyres, but it's more about jsut trying the get it all to fit.

looks so good. Rims suit it so well, nice choice. I had some BBS hokenheim sp?? rims years ago, loved the look but they were such a bitch to clean.

Thanks mate! I've always been a fan of BBS rims and had them on my R33 for a while before getting the Enkeis you see in the pics. Yeah, totally understand what you mean about them being a bitch to clean. Only downside to what are classic/timeless rims IMHO :)

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
Haha can see what you mean in terms of defeating the purpose of having extra width being offset by skinny tyres, but it's more about jsut trying the get it all to fit.

Thanks mate! I've always been a fan of BBS rims and had them on my R33 for a while before getting the Enkeis you see in the pics. Yeah, totally understand what you mean about them being a bitch to clean. Only downside to what are classic/timeless rims IMHO :)
totally agree about timeless design. i have big slotted rotors up front so the brake dust is constantly fouling them so i gave up on them.

i was talking about the stretch on the pontiac tyres, yours look a lot better

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
totally agree about timeless design. i have big slotted rotors up front so the brake dust is constantly fouling them so i gave up on them.

i was talking about the stretch on the pontiac tyres, yours look a lot better

Sounds good mate! Shame you gave up on them though! I use a brand of wheel cleaner called Wheelie Clean (that's not a misspelling, as cheesy as the name sounds) and it just rips the brake dust off. Have you triedthat before?

Ahhh, thanks mate! Yeah, do think the Pontiac with 10" all round looks a bit like a monster truck though haha

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Wheely Clean is a Bowdens product, you can get them from SCA/autobarn etc, great stuff too and about $20 a bottle for memory.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
what are the tyre widths? isn't it cheating to say you have 10's all round when you put 9" tyres on?

No, it's like Gup running 315s on his 9.5 HSV wheels isn't it? 11" tyre on a 9.5"?

To me it all about fit and if your low and wide then tyre stretch is a technique to make it fit. Also if you need to do this to get wheels to fit its and going to be a race car or a time attack champion either

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wheely Clean is a Bowdens product, you can get them from SCA/autobarn etc, great stuff too and about $20 a bottle for memory.

That's the one! It goes all purple when it hits brake dust, and perfect for cleaning calipers if you've got coloured calipers. I heard you can buy them in a big bulk pack, where it works out dirt cheap compared to the spray bottles.

No, it's like Gup running 315s on his 9.5 HSV wheels isn't it? 11" tyre on a 9.5"?

To me it all about fit and if your low and wide then tyre stretch is a technique to make it fit. Also if you need to do this to get wheels to fit its and going to be a race car or a time attack champion either

:beer chug:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yep you can get most Bowdens products in up to 20L quantities from their website.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
congratulations on the 7 pages in the current street commodore mag, I only bought it because I saw your car on the bottom of the cover.

10429857_10155293824535438_7967612544550982099_n.jpg

Hahaha thanks mate! I was about to post the same thing in the thread but you beat me to it :)

About to do an update now in my next post.