Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FATSSV - Charged, cammed, bagged and "stanced"

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Thanks, got any better pics of just the front or progress shots of it being done?

I really like the way it looks and wouldn't mine trying it on my red SS

No progress shots unfortunately, but if you flick through the thread, there's a few front end pics which might be able to help you out?

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
I Swear I saw a ss EXACTLY!!!! like this one turn right onto victoria Rd (Main road in Sydney NSW) hit a medium strip and then pull over raise the car up and check all around if anything was broken and ****... Car looked so much like your's I actually thought it was you until i saw vic on the number plate's lol...

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I Swear I saw a ss EXACTLY!!!! like this one turn right onto victoria Rd (Main road in Sydney NSW) hit a medium strip and then pull over raise the car up and check all around if anything was broken and ****... Car looked so much like your's I actually thought it was you until i saw vic on the number plate's lol...

Hahaha nah, sorry definitely wasn't me. Kinda shattered to think there's someone else out there like me LOL

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahaha sorry english isn't that good lol :) Don't worry mate! Very hard to have a car that no one else has... Just think positively and think someone must love your design soo much they had to do it them self's ;)

Haha yeah, I've noticed there's a few VEs sporting the BBS LM reps ever since I got myself a set. Before I got my set, the only colour availble with the LM reps was matte black.
But ever since I got my set in brushed spokes with polished lip, there's a few getting around with it now.

Small-ish update, I'm contemplating selling my Harrop supercharger setup and looking at going twin turbo. Won't happen until I find a buyer for my blower so if anyone is interested in a stealth looking supercharger that's not the common Maggie or HVT or Heartbeat, let me know! :D

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
No photos to post BUT the blower is sold and coming off in a couple of weeks, and TT will be happening at the same time. Meeting with mechanic/tuner this arvo to have a sit down and determine turbo choices, wastegates etc. :D

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Turbs,
What was the cost for the scoop to be moulded to the bonnet?
I'm trying to find someone on the Gold Coast Brissy area and want a ballpark estimate of how much a quality job like yours should be costing me.
Send us a PM if you want to keep it discrete but I've got to say it looks darn good and the guys who did should get some props in the forum for their work.
Cheers,
Snowy

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Camaro ZL1 scoop.

I really like them. I was tossing up getting rid of the HSV vents for it, looks really mean.

This is true, and is worth looking into for VE bonnet.

6D796B72-817F-4F63-ACE8-95A50B2ADF88.jpg

D0CE9A78-8D8C-4CAF-80A7-DED11DFF549B.jpg

According to the GM literature it gives measurable improvement in thermodynamics, drag coefficient, and handling. Underneath there is an OEM water / rain drip tray. There is quite a bit of info about this (2014 ZL1 heat exchanger) fitted to 2010 (flat SS) bonnet here.

I'm trying to find someone on the Gold Coast Brissy area and want a ballpark estimate of how much a quality job like yours should be costing me.

Yeah me too, but for the ZL1 heat extractor.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbs,
Send us a PM if you want to keep it discrete but I've got to say it looks darn good and the guys who did should get some props in the forum for their work.
Cheers,
Snowy

This is true, and is worth looking into for VE bonnet.

6D796B72-817F-4F63-ACE8-95A50B2ADF88.jpg

D0CE9A78-8D8C-4CAF-80A7-DED11DFF549B.jpg

According to the GM literature it gives measurable improvement in thermodynamics, drag coefficient, and handling. Underneath there is an OEM water / rain drip tray. There is quite a bit of info about this (2014 ZL1 heat exchanger) fitted to 2010 (flat SS) bonnet here.

Yeah me too, but for the ZL1 heat extractor.

I got it done down here in VIC by a mob called Centro Autobody. They send the bonnet and scoop away to be moulded (can't remember the name of the guy they used, but he's supposedly very good with moulding). Moulding and curing time is about a 3-4 week turnaround, and painted and fitted was another week.

Price wise, not including new bonnet, scoop or pins was ~$1100 if I remember correctly. Very happy with the finished product and cannot fault it, so props to the boys at Centro.