Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FATSSV - Charged, cammed, bagged and "stanced"

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
looking great, TT update?

No updates yet, car still isn't ready but popping down there tonight to have a look. I've still got my fingers crossed the car will be ready in time for this long weekend as we're heading away so hopefully, she's all good.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
The ZL1 bonnet looks so good, really suits the car.

Thanks mate!

Car hits the rollers today so fingers crossed she'll peel off some nice numbers and is ready for me to pick up haha

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
you are going to video the final dyno run right !!!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
You're going to love the turbo over the charger... such a different animal. The boost just hits you in the back like Mike Tyson. On a 6 litre I can imagine it will scare the sh!t out of you some times.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
you are going to video the final dyno run right !!!

I think MPW are going to video the run for me :)

You're going to love the turbo over the charger... such a different animal. The boost just hits you in the back like Mike Tyson. On a 6 litre I can imagine it will scare the sh!t out of you some times.

Yeah, I got bored with the blower pretty quickly (sounds weird saying that lol) and missed the way my turbo 33 kicked me in the ass when it hit boost.

UPDATE: Car hit the rollers last Thursday to get tuned and as it came onto boost, it stripped the splines in a brand new clutch. Bit of a setback but mechanic/tuner is extremly excited about the way it ramped onto boost so once we get a new spline/clutch in there, will be very interested to see what we manage.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE: Got a call from the mechanic/tuner with an update and the car span 470rwkw on 10psi. Not wanting to lean on it too hard as we're running out of fuel pump. With new pump and head studs, easy 500s all day, everyday.

Should get the car back Friday so will update with pics and dyno graph :)

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Woah!!
Big torque figures too, no doubt?

Yeah, I'd say so! When it was 'charged and making 400rwkw, I think torque was about 1100N/m.

From what the tuner has told me, the power delivery is brutal and is virtually lag free :D If all goes well, I should get my first drive tomorrow and the keys back then too.