Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FATSSV - Charged, cammed, bagged and "stanced"

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Far out man! that is the beastiest machine ive ever seen!! looks so good with the SF04's on. clean and smooth!

do you know how 10" wheels fit all round? i want to get the deep concave sf04's 20x10 all round. would i have to get my guards rolled? or anything else to make them fit?

I have a mate with the biggest offset for the sf04s with the deep concave( 35p) and he needed his guards rolled in tge rear with a 245 tire on his 20x10s, his 20x10 front were fine on sssl but his rears are ssl and scrubs a little.
Id suggest the 20x11 rear as it has a bigger offset or even look into the sf06 20x10.5 as the offset is the biggest.

Any 20x10 you get is generally going to need a guard roll in the rear thou
received_10210254311620377.jpeg

Jack-Kempton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
I have a mate with the biggest offset for the sf04s with the deep concave( 35p) and he needed his guards rolled in tge rear with a 245 tire on his 20x10s, his 20x10 front were fine on sssl but his rears are ssl and scrubs a little.
Id suggest the 20x11 rear as it has a bigger offset or even look into the sf06 20x10.5 as the offset is the biggest.

Any 20x10 you get is generally going to need a guard roll in the rear thou
View attachment 189468

Aw wicked! Thanks man that helps a lot!!

If I was going to look into getting the 20x11 on the rear though I would have to get a camber kit would I not?

Also with your mate that has the 20x10s on the front, do you know how he finds the car with turning. Seeing as he's got such fat wheels on the front does it affect the stiffness or ability to turn much?

Cheers, jack

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Aw wicked! Thanks man that helps a lot!!

If I was going to look into getting the 20x11 on the rear though I would have to get a camber kit would I not?

Also with your mate that has the 20x10s on the front, do you know how he finds the car with turning. Seeing as he's got such fat wheels on the front does it affect the stiffness or ability to turn much?

Cheers, jack

You wont need a camber kit, just need a wheel alignment like with any new wheels, the 20x11 with the maximum offset they offer (i believe 43p) will work well!
The onlything you need to do with a wide front like 20x10 is run a smaller tyre, id suggest 255/35r20 as thats what the hsv standard wheels run and the driving is fine!

Jack-Kempton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
You wont need a camber kit, just need a wheel alignment like with any new wheels, the 20x11 with the maximum offset they offer (i believe 43p) will work well!
The onlything you need to do with a wide front like 20x10 is run a smaller tyre, id suggest 255/35r20 as thats what the hsv standard wheels run and the driving is fine!

upload_2017-1-30_13-25-37.png

so looking at the above sizes and styles - if i was to get 20x11(Deep Concave) on the rear, and then 20x10(Deep Concave) on the front. that would be sweet as long as i get my guards rolled and thats it?

thanks

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
View attachment 189760

so looking at the above sizes and styles - if i was to get 20x11(Deep Concave) on the rear, and then 20x10(Deep Concave) on the front. that would be sweet as long as i get my guards rolled and thats it?

thanks
Yer so 20x10 35p with 255/35r20 front
Then 20x11 45p with 275/35r20 rear
With only the rear guards rolled

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
wicked!! cheers for your help!! appreciate it alot man
Nah all good, i had no idea when i first got wheels and 3 sets of springs later i finally had my guards rolled which was just me being niave, good to pass on info that i had to find out the hard way!

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Curious why you have spent a tonne of money on everything except the s2 ss or e3 hsv touchscreen and guages?

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Curious why you have spent a tonne of money on everything except the s2 ss or e3 hsv touchscreen and guages?

Simple choice for me really. More often than not, car only comes out on the weekends and I've noticed 90%+ of the time when I'm driving, I have the music turned down as I prefer to listen to the sound of the mechanicals working. The only time I ever have the music turned up and I'm actually listening would be on long freeway drives.

Considering the IQ system is ~$1k (plus another $1k if adding EDI), it doesn't make any financial sense to me to spend $1k-$2k on something I will get enjoyment from for maybe 5-10mins over the course of a weekend, if that.

Going fast > Gauges

Exactly.