Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault Code Reader for VT Commodore

greyingwiseman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Aclaim VT Series 1
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I could pick your brains?

Has anybody put together (hardware & software) and fault code reader connected to a laptop etc that works.

If so could you please share with us your successes and failures of using such a beast and what you used to put it together.....?

Thanks in advance for your reponses.........

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

greyingwiseman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Aclaim VT Series 1
Thanks Mate

:thumbsup: I have looking at this thread and trying to desipher as I go......being a VT V6 3.8 litre Ecotec Series 1 engine, seems to make it different to VP and VN because they came out with different engines, the VS & VT are not from what I can gather a true ODB11 compatible.

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
can i use it for my vt making it is hard any idea i can make it easily and where to get the cable front plug

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
:thumbsup: I have looking at this thread and trying to desipher as I go......being a VT V6 3.8 litre Ecotec Series 1 engine, seems to make it different to VP and VN because they came out with different engines, the VS & VT are not from what I can gather a true ODB11 compatible.

Correct. I won't repeat myself here but the only thing that the VT v6 has in common with OBDII is the shape of the plug, the signals and pins used are TOTALLY different.

Mike