Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault Codes 23 and 32 HELP

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Hey guys, jsut did a fault code check and it came back with:
23 - Intake Air Temp sensor(voltage High)
32 - Air Flow Sensor(Voltage out of range)

What and how do i fix these?
ive got the gregorys manual and for fault code 23 it says to check the voltage between the harness connector terminals and it should approx be 5 volts. i couldnt get any volts out of it(i think my multimeter may b screwed)
and for 32 it says to check the terminals A and C on the harness, i didnt get anything out of terminal A or C, but with a test light i got it to light up using terminal C?? (may need to buy myself a new multimeter:p)
Is any of these two codes of any concern and will they do any damage if left? could they be affecting the permformance/fuel economy/temperature of my car?

Any help would be appreciated
Nick

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
They will probably be affecting both performance and fuel economy but I think its probably a physical problem because both of those sensors are in the same place in the engine bay. Check them for corrosion or moisture and if either are present, clean them, dry them, and spray them with a bit of WD40 and see if the problem goes away. If not, there may be a damaged wire or two in the wiring loom.

Suggest buying a working multimeter (lol) and testing properly again.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
ok, i just cleared the codes(disconnected the battery) and went for a 5 min drive round the block. came back and did the fault code check again and it still came back with codes 23 and 32, but now its saying theres a fault code 25, which is: Intake Air Temp sensor(voltage low)
so now its telling me that the voltage for the intake air temp sensor is to high and to low??
I think im gunna have to go buy a new multimeter tomorrow....
anyone else got any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this?
Nick

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Are you sure you are using your multimeter right? The probes have to be plugged in the right sockets and you need the readings on the correct range. Check the fuse inside too. Multimeters are tough, it shouldnt be your problem. Maybe you have a break in the probe lead. May just need a new probe. The fact that there are a number of unstable voltages tells me that they might all have a common fault, maybe a ground somewhere. If your handy reading circuit diagrams, theres full circuits in the back of the manual, check for a common ground or common point they share. I will try to get my manual out sometime and help you out a bit.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
my multimeter cost me like $15 and came with a soldering iron:p so i think i should treat myself to a new one! lol,
and ill have a look at the circuit to try n find out where they meet or something.
thankz
nick

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
lol I had one of those multimeters... the probe FELL OFF the wire!