Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault codes P0004, P0005, P0006

seano87

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Acclaim Wagon
Hi All, my alloytec is still misfiring and shaking even after all coils and plugs were replaced and injectors ultrasonically cleaned. So I ran the scantool on it and it has returned the following, P0004 - fuel volume regulator control circuit high, P0005 - fuel shutoff valve circuit open, P0006 - fuel shutoff valve circuit low. Has anyone encountered these codes before or know what they are in reference to?
Cheers

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
in the workshop manual

mattathm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
be careful with those codes and an aftermarket scanner.

I brought one from china a Autel maxiscan MS509

Mrs BMW wasn't running right so I plugged it in and the only codes i got from the scanner were P0004 5 6

Saying fuel, however I wasn't convinced... so I took to my mates garage and he scanned it and it came up with some other codes and not the 4 5 6 ones.
I then took it to BMW and they scanned it with their tool that connects via internet to the head office of scanning or some **** like that and the 4 5 6 codes wernt there either.

So i dunno where or what the scanner is but might pay to get it scanned elsewhere with a proper scantool to be sure before you start throwing away good money on a bad scan??

Just my thoughts....

I have a VZ V6 but haven't had the chance to connect the scanner tool yet, but will do that when I get back. My VZ has the dreaded lumpy idle, im curious to see what it comes up with.