Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault codes

Raze96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ holden executive
Hello gentlemen,

Right, problem started off with a broken alternator cable, re crimped it and put it back, problem went away, few months later the crimp failed so we just ran another battery cable from the alternator to the battery and the problem went away..

Couple weeks after I get in my car today after work and dead. Battery dead flat, all the cables looked tight and in place, after a jump it seemed like the alternator was pulling power from the engine and charging the battery but I'm not sure will grab a multi meter tomorrow to confirm.
After letting the car run its diagnostic it was alerting ABS error, and SRS airbag error, and the obd 2 scan came up with this

C0800
Raw code: 4800
ECU: ABS/EBCM/ESC
Holden: Device power #1 (low current #1) circuit malfunction; Device Power 1 Circuit Voltage Below Threshold; Device Power 1 Circuit Voltage Above Threshold; Device Power 1 Circuit High Resistance; Control Module Power Circuit High Input
General Electrical Failures

If anyone has a clue on what's going on help :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi friends confirmed timing chain stretched so looking for replacement for my 07 v6
Genuine part from holden $950.00 ebay 235.00 2 yr warranty .. any one had any experiences regards brk.
Confirmed as a random guess by a workshop? What evidence did they give you for the diagnosis? Their word is not enough.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hello gentlemen,

Right, problem started off with a broken alternator cable, re crimped it and put it back, problem went away, few months later the crimp failed so we just ran another battery cable from the alternator to the battery and the problem went away..

Couple weeks after I get in my car today after work and dead. Battery dead flat, all the cables looked tight and in place, after a jump it seemed like the alternator was pulling power from the engine and charging the battery but I'm not sure will grab a multi meter tomorrow to confirm.
After letting the car run its diagnostic it was alerting ABS error, and SRS airbag error, and the obd 2 scan came up with this

C0800
Raw code: 4800
ECU: ABS/EBCM/ESC
Holden: Device power #1 (low current #1) circuit malfunction; Device Power 1 Circuit Voltage Below Threshold; Device Power 1 Circuit Voltage Above Threshold; Device Power 1 Circuit High Resistance; Control Module Power Circuit High Input
General Electrical Failures

If anyone has a clue on what's going on help :)
Step one. Those crimps. I’d remove the harness and take it to someone to recrimp them. It will need to be done so that, not only is it firm, but the strands are pressed so tight they bond together.
if ever there was a place to use a hydraulic crimping tool, it’s on a battery cable or charge cable.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
look at mace sponsor here i got my complete kit from them ,chains, gaskets. pump, chogs, the lot, turned out tensioners were worn out chains looked ok but changed the lot eny way

B.R.K.

Reaction score
Members Ride
07commodore vz
Relevant fault codes 08 and 17 i think also rattle when idleing

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride