Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faulty ABS Module question..

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Hi Guys,

Just in need of a few answers,

When your ABS module is stuffed and the dash lights up like a christmas tree, the cruise control stops working.

Does your fuel guage still work? also the air bag light is on, does this mean the if i am in a crash, the airbags will not deploy??

Also, how hard is it to fit another ABS module, i've looked and can't seem to find any guides, have been quoted 100 bucks for a second hand one from a wreckers for my S1 VT Calais...

Cheers,

Jamie

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
easy to fit, just remove the abs module securing nuts and disconnect the abs connector. lift the abs module and bend the brake lines (SLIGHTLY) enough to get the module out of the carrier. then remove the bolts holding the module down. remove and replace, making sure that there is no crap around the seal so it seals good. then reassemble in reverse order

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
also, do you think a 2nd hand ABS module would be an okay thing to do? i can pick one up for 100 bucks, ALOT cheaper then a new one..

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
you can buy reconditioned abs modules, as in the computer part so my question is, what exactly is it in them that breaks? reason being my father is a fully qualified electronics technician so was thinking if it anyone knew what the issue is if it would be fixed by him?

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
does anyone know if my airbags etc will still be okay?

Feraljay

Jay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
If your air bag light is on there is nothing you can do about it your self. You will need to take it to holden and have them check it and clear the fault. last time i ask them it was about $125 for them to do this...........and no the airbags wont go off if your in a smash............sorry for the bad news..... Feral

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Hi Guys,

Just in need of a few answers,

When your ABS module is stuffed and the dash lights up like a christmas tree, the cruise control stops working.

Does your fuel guage still work? also the air bag light is on, does this mean the if i am in a crash, the airbags will not deploy??

Also, how hard is it to fit another ABS module, i've looked and can't seem to find any guides, have been quoted 100 bucks for a second hand one from a wreckers for my S1 VT Calais...

Cheers,

Jamie

You can buy reco ones on ebay $150 exchange i think
I wouldn't bother with second had stuff like that

Schwagn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim Wagon
Dont get a second hand one. Waste of time. The Bosch ABS controller has an inherent fault and is usually brought to light by age and mileage. The good news is they are repairable as it is a physical fault. There is a set of pressed on contacts adjacent to the plug end. The contact fails through vibration. A solder repair is the answer and quite permanent. Holden is not the only vehicle affected by this fault. BTW you have to cut into the body of the module and epoxy the plastic back on when finished! Leave it to an expert. Cost me $170
Don't know about the airbag. Just get the ABS module fixed and All the lights will go out.