Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faulty LCD Screen - VE Berlina

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
and you can pick them up of ebay for under 50 bucks i just got one im going to mod it to fit in my vs on a aftermarket dvd player

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
If you report the problem to Holden whilst it's still under warranty and you have taken the car to them and they find no fault it is still covered even after the warranty expires as you have pointed this out to them and they have failed to fix the prob.. Make sure you get it in writing from them ( the service report showing the fault ) with the date and current k's so you can shove it at them when it fails just out of warranty...

ScottyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Cheers Johnsy (and all). after my last post, we took it to the other dealer with techline number in hand. They re-applied the software patch the other dealer had tried to put on, it'd either failed or not been done at all. The screen has been tip-top since then. It's been back again as the central locking stopped working - was within 13Km - yes, 99,987 KM of being out of warranty. My wife managed to get it to the nearest dealership while she was away visitng her folks. She was told the second/spare key was required for the software patch to repair the issue to be applied. This was several hundred K's away at home and she was told that if we bought it back later with over 100,000 it'd not be covered. I express posted the key to them but it seems they'll try anything on.
I'd reckon at least 50% of the problems we've had with this car have been fixed with software patches - Shouldn't these be applied free of charge after warranty as it fixes issues with the original programs???? In fact the only mechanical issues I can recall are a grinding in the rear end which was a dud suspension bush, a squeaking AC compressor which was fixed with a shim and a few busted bits and pieces on the interior - everything else has been software patches: No display on the entertainment system, car not starting sometimes, headlights not coming on in auto mode, remote (keyless entry) not working, rough idle, car requiring high RPM to start moving in reverse plus a few others.
Sorry, I work in the IT industry where updates are normally not only free but supplied with an air of apology for not getting it right in the first place. We were told that the central locking patch could cost up to $1500 to have done out of warranty and indications were that the LCD display fix could be over $4K!
As for the warranty extension, it's rediculous - no-one knows anything about it at holden yet it's on their website and there's also a pamphlet on it in my service manual warning to avoid third party warranty extensions, to accept only holden factory warranty extensions. W - T - F ???????????????
Suppose it's too late for me now - but would be interested to see if someone else gets anywhere with this in the future - the first VE's will be coming up on 3 years old now. Expect more people will be lookming to extend?