Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faulty LCD Screen - VE Berlina

ScottyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else had had trouble with the screen on their entertainment system. My VE berlina has an issue where probably one in every 10 or so times I start the car, the screen does not come on. All you can do is turn the car completely off and then back on again and it'll be fine. We've taken it to Holden but they say that unless we can demonstrate the issue, they can't do anything about it. I figured it'd eventually stop working altogether and we'd be able to prove it beyond doubt but it's still the same - we're now coming toward the end of warranty. It's not a major thing but annoying that it's like that and that the techs basically don't believe there's a problem.

Cheers,

Scott

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else had had trouble with the screen on their entertainment system. My VE berlina has an issue where probably one in every 10 or so times I start the car, the screen does not come on. All you can do is turn the car completely off and then back on again and it'll be fine. We've taken it to Holden but they say that unless we can demonstrate the issue, they can't do anything about it. I figured it'd eventually stop working altogether and we'd be able to prove it beyond doubt but it's still the same - we're now coming toward the end of warranty. It's not a major thing but annoying that it's like that and that the techs basically don't believe there's a problem.

Cheers,

Scott

Take a photo of the car all lit up and the screen dead.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Yep, mine does the same and got the same answer from Holden.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
give the dealer techline campaign #TL1241-0611

that bulletin is to do with the screens turning off, combination of software and hardware issues

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
u said it happens every 10 or so times.
so go to ur local dealer and start your car 10 times until it does it and they can see.
deffinatly get it done b4 ur warranty is out, something like that would just piss me off

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Mine rarely gives me the blank screen. It does however perform magical colour schemes and occasionally remains on the dim light setting (as if the headlights were on... only they aren't!).

I have taken photos of my magical colour schemes and next time I pass the dealership I will drop in for a visit (with digital camera in tow).

I have been told that these units are extremely expensive to replace. Something in the order of $4k. Does anyone believe that to be true?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine rarely gives me the blank screen. It does however perform magical colour schemes and occasionally remains on the dim light setting (as if the headlights were on... only they aren't!).

I have taken photos of my magical colour schemes and next time I pass the dealership I will drop in for a visit (with digital camera in tow).

I have been told that these units are extremely expensive to replace. Something in the order of $4k. Does anyone believe that to be true?

there is a fix for that too, they have to fix a loose connection

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
If the dealer is that Lazy that they won't honor an known problem which will cost them basically nothing to fix then I would take the car elsewhere. Can you trust a lazy dealer with the basics of servicing if they're too lazy to do some clean interior work on the car.