Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faulty wipers- How to replace 06 VE wiper motor

schmidty7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Commodore 06
I have a 2006 VE V Commodore and the bloody wipers aren't working properly. They only work on full speed and i have to stop them and judge when to turn them off to get them to rest at the bottom and not halfway on the windscreen. I don't have any idea how to change the wiper motor. I have ruled out a wiper arm issue by switching the arm with a friends and nothing appears to be wrong with any fuse or anything like that which in my opinion leaves a possible motor issue.

I would like to know if this is a common issue and if it is worth getting a brand new motor or just one from the wreckers. This has happened just a day after my window washer bottle dropped a section of the hose so now when i refill the washer it all gushes straight out. Please let me know if you can provide any help, if not i will have to just sell it already and get an 80 or 100 series cruiser!

thanks!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the file i have is to big to attach, I will pm you with my email address so you can reply and i will send you the file

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
hi wogboyz, not at home till the 9th dec, so cant send file, maybe one of the guys above can send if not, can you wait till then and I will send

Last edited:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hi wogboyz, not at home till the 9th dec, so cant send file, maybe one of the guys above can send if not, can you wait till then and I will send

yeah its all good I can wait turns out it may only be the wiper arm not motor, but ill still grab that file just encase!

cheers mate

Mattoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2007
Hope you boys are still around or you all bought Tojo ?. Anyway now approaching the dreaded 210000 mark would Like to keep this baby on the road. Arrived at this thread Captains, wiper arm replacement, please tell all!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Remove the wiper shroud carefully because those clips are hard to find. There’s a thread that shows how and has a list of part numbers for the different clips.
Remove the wiper arms.

You can overhaul the assembly. Take photos as you go. Re grease the sockets the wiper arms go in. You can use VE or VF wiper assemblies and motor.

I had a thread on it once upon a time somewhere when I did mine maybe back in 2018 or 19?

I also replaced the rubber cover with a nitrile sheet.