Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Favourite Martial Arts Movie

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hi all,

I'm after some new martial arts movies (don't mean 2009 new, new for my collection). Could you please let me know your favourite movies? :thumbsup:

I've got Bloodsport and Ongbak etc. Never Back Down (new teen mma), there's a new film called TKO ... anyone seen? got reviews? Might have to have a look for them old Karate Kid movies, even though I'm not a big fan. I've got Drunken Master ... not a fan ... stupid sound effects... bit silly I recon :whistling

Edit: I'm probably leaning towards the newer sort of movies with more like MMA style fighting not so much tradition karate etc. Ehh... let us know what you think anyways.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I think you'll find almost all Jacky Chan movies to be a treat to watch.

Here are some of my favorite ones with him:
"Meals on Wheels"
"Armor of god"
"Armor of god 2"
"Twin Dragons" <-- where there are 2 Jacky Chans, which make twice as good.

And here is some more Steven Seagal.... in Kung Fu the movie :)
Steven Seagal, Kung Fu

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
1. 'Fearless' ---- with Jet li
2. 'Shinobi' ----- you might have to look this one up
3. 'Bloodsport' -- acting is dodgy but final tournament is just awsome

just saw that you have Bloodsport ..... so another suggestion is ....... a movie called 'Redbelt' .... its a new one, Brazilian ju jitsu!

Last edited:

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
1. 'Fearless' ---- with Jet li
2. 'Shinobi' ----- you might have to look this one up
3. 'Bloodsport' -- acting is dodgy but final tournament is just awsome

just saw that you have Bloodsport ..... so another suggestion is ....... a movie called 'Redbelt' .... its a new one, Brazilian ju jitsu!

I've got Redbelt, can't really remember it too well.. but from thinking about it.. it wasn't that good.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Just watching some Fearless trailor ... seems pretty cool ... but it's not english is it? only english subtitled?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
See my favourite movie is Never Back Down... I know some people don't like it... not sure why .... but it appeals to me... at my age of 20. Teenage years ... school ... amber heard ..... chicks in bikini's ... awesome movie!!

Anyone know of similiar movies?

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
I've got Redbelt, can't really remember it too well.. but from thinking about it.. it wasn't that good.

oh well .... 2 of the movies i suggested are sub-titled .... your brain works out how to watch and read at the same time after a while.

Redbelt has authentic BJJ fighters in the movie .... most have been at the top of the MMA tournaments .... and it is a good story.

BUT ... if your into martial art movies that resemble an episode of the 'OC' you wont like any of my suggestions..... 'Never back down' was garbage!

Check out the 'Karate Kid' .... good story for young and old.