Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Favourite Phone Games/Apps and other cool timewasting distractions

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
So a couple of weeks ago I discovered angry birds and got totally hooked, finished that game :( I'm wondering what other cool little games/apps people have discovered. I've got a lot of time to kill waiting around in hospital soon so want to be prepared with lots of distractions. Any suggestions?

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
+ for angry birds

theres a western game call high noon, i havent played it but all the fellas at work play it. it looks like a cool game. i think it cost $1.20 or some thing

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
fav apps would be opera browser and ebuddy for msn an fb chat, both free and the best at what they do...

anyone looking for free games should visit WAPTRICK on thier phones default browser, heaps of awesome free games

if you want apps go to GETJAR with your phone

both sites recognise your phone and only display compatible software

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
eBuddy isn't great imo. You can't change your display pic to any pic on your phone and you can't stop it from changing your status to "on ebuddy for iphone" or whatever it says...

Windows Live Messenger is better.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Hmmmz i can change them on mine, thats strange lol, nimbuzz is also good for msn an fb, you can make calls to pc on your phone

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OK I was talking about the free version. $5.99 for eBuddy is a rip!

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
eBuddy can use multiple different messenger sources, i use it to connect to windows live messenger and facebook and have all the contacts in one single list. Handy.

Andgry Birds is awesome, also a game called Robo Defender is ####ing AWESOME for killing time :p Dunno if it's on iPhone, but I have it on droid.

These are all on Android, not sure about iPhone:

3G Watchdog - Check your cellular bandwidth usage, set your start-of-month date, etc.
Aussie Weather Radar - BOM-sourced weather radar
K-9 Mail - Better email app than the embedded one
Opera Mini - Faster web browser than embedded one
Android Wi-fi Manager - Wifi file transfers from pc to phone and back. No cables required smile.gif
ASTRO - File manager/browser
Camera360 - Tap-to-focus camera app, lots of effects etc
Tapatalk Pro - Forum app. Requires forum host to have Tapatalk interface installed. Makes forums waaaaay easier to use on your phone, better layout. PM notifications etc. Incidentally, JC supports it :)
Simply Cyanide - Cyanide & Happiness comic app, Latest & Random. Also only just discovered today that you can move forward and backward by double tapping on the sides
Out of Milk - Shopping list thing
eBuddy - Instant messenger app, face/myspace/msn/ICQ etc all embedded in one single app
Evernote - Simple note-taking app. Option of syncing with an online server and contacting via pc-based browser late
Battery Status Ultimate - System bar battery indicator. Gives predicted life left etc, but I don't use that. Just the icon
Smart Measure Lite - Uses accelerometer + camera to tell you the distance and height of any object. Point at the base of object for distance, point at the top afterward for height. Not perfect I'm sure, but still a fun/useless tool
App 2 SD - Lists installed apps able to be moved to SD
Android Remote Notifier - Uses wifi to send remote notifications to your PC when your phone gets an sms, call,, battery status change etc. Great for when you have music on etc and can't hear the phone ringing
aDyno - 0-100, 1/4mile, power figures. Haven't played with power, just times. Seems accurate if mounted properly, for times at least
APNDroid - Toggle switch for your mobile access point. On for data transfer enabled, off for disabled. Leave it off and you CANNOT get charged for mobile bandwidth as the phone will not let any send or receive. Brilliant app, with a toggle widget for home screen.
AsciiCamera - Another camera app, but this one takes a photo and converts it into ASCII characters, to be saved as either an image or text. Trippy effect.
deciBel - Sound meter. Skeptical of it's accuracy, but you never know. Would depend on hardware.
Yellow Pages - 'Nuff said.

AND, the most useful/coolest of them all, an Android-only app called Tasker. It is not the same as the iPhone app of the same name; that is location-only triggers for events. The Android Tasker app can use location, time, day, state, event, or app triggers to automate anything. For example, using cell-tower triangulation, my phone automatically turns off wifi when I get more than 30m from my house, and turns on bluetooth instead. When I re-enter that range, it disables bluetooth and re-enables wifi. When bluetooth is connected and I receive an SMS, it will read out the senders name, the message, then reply to that person saying "Sorry, I am driving at the moment. If you would like to contact me urgently, you are welcome to give me a call instead"

Very cool app :)

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
that last one sounds good, mite have to look for it

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Yeah I miss Tasker... Had it on my Desire HD.