Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FB ads

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I keep getting FB ads that show some really great tools and things but having looked at a couple of things they are just scams. One was an ad for ripper little excavator for like $500 when in reality they would be at least a $5k machine without a doubt. Just wondering if anyone knows a site that sells these neat little items? One I saw today was for a plastic welder that has little reos that melt into the sides of the repair.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i just report every ad as inappropriate or misleading/scam... i only get a few ads every few months, got to keep those algorithms trained up

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Twitface is full of tools.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
There is so many scams on Facebook that I won’t buy anything via a Facebook advertisement or link.

If something piques my interest on Facebook, I’ll do a due diligence first and buy via a non-Facebook means.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I'm trying to see if there is a legitimate site that sell these wares, one where you get a true price and one which is not just a scam. According to Google the ads are ripped from legit sites but they don't really say where.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No problems buying from any site, provided you hand the cash over in person....FB is no exception

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not sure if I'm being clear, the ads on FB are copied and posted from legit sites. The FB ads however connected to some random who doesn't own or hold the product and will take money and give you nothing. However, there are apparently proper sites that actually do send you products, bit like ebay. But I don't know the name of the legit sites. The FB ads are all fake.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Not sure if I'm being clear, the ads on FB are copied and posted from legit sites. The FB ads however connected to some random who doesn't own or hold the product and will take money and give you nothing. However, there are apparently proper sites that actually do send you products, bit like ebay. But I don't know the name of the legit sites. The FB ads are all fake.
Fake ads = fakebook.
Now I know where that saying came from.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Those are called scams.....