Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fe2 Part number

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hey everyone, the suspension code that is stamped on my engine bay of my s2 vs exec. is fe2, so i'm guesssing i have fe2. The front is fairly low as you would expect but the rear of the car was still sitting very high. The part number on the spring for the rear is 92038316 is this fe2? Any help would be great, cheers.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I'm not able to say whether it's FE2 or not but the rears always sit up higher than the fronts in all commodores.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
There's a reason for the FE2's sitting higher in the rear. Quite simple to explain too.

If you put the same level suspension all around a car if it was perfectly weight balaned you'd find it would sit at the same level the whole way. But because your engine is in the front that's heavier than the boot section which is empty. Giving the car uneven weight distribution and putting more potential energy in the front. Which means the sprins are compressed more by the weight. FE2's in the rear should leave you with a clearance to the bodywork of roughly 12-15cm? And at the front about 10cm [or 9cm like mine].

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
haha thanks guys, i'll check it out. its not real important to me, i was just wondering. i have reset ultra lows now :p