Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Rear shock absorbers, early and late model VE's different?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
35-0773 from Autobarn photo..
350773.jpg

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Ok now I'm confused I looked up number 35-0823 and got 3 different photos, this is Autobarn so now I'm thinking this is the standard height strut, sorry for the confusion,
35-0823.jpg
Yeah there were different pictures on almost every website so im not sure what is what.
putting in each part number shows the suitable models to use them here they are

35-0823
https://www.monroe.com.au/trade-cor...823&search_type=part_number&form_used=sidebar

35-0773
https://www.monroe.com.au/trade-cor...773&search_type=part_number&form_used=sidebar

can see here in the second link it shows (10/07 to 08/11) - VE, VEII with FE2 or Equivalent Lowered Suspension, Ute.
The top link ONLY shows models after 09/11

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
All VE models have Struts all round I'm 99.9% sure. So if you ordered the shocks in the lower part of Trevor's pic I think they are wrong.
If you really want to know go and wipe the bottom of the old struts in the car and you will see the part number on them. You can tell they are Struts if the spring sits on a plate part way up the tube of the 'shock'.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ok now I'm confused I looked up number 35-0823 and got 3 different photos, this photo is from Autobarn so now I'm thinking this is the standard height strut, sorry for the confusion,
35-0823.jpg

Honestly Trevor, it's clear you have no idea....You seem to be posting up random crap by doing google searching and coming up with 50 different things.....I'm just glad it's not me wanting advise from you, because I'd end up in a bigger mess than what I started in.

My suggestion to the OP is, contact the place that is doing the work and ask them what the part number is, so you can order correctly

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The part number listed by OP is the correct design and does not have eyelets top and bottom as suggested.
Overall the shock will fit. No problems.
35-0788 looks like the part required for a 2011 Ute from what I make of it.
However call them to clear up any confusion.

I used the GT Sport on ours

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
All VE models have Struts all round I'm 99.9% sure. So if you ordered the shocks in the lower part of Trevor's pic I think they are wrong.
If you really want to know go and wipe the bottom of the old struts in the car and you will see the part number on them. You can tell they are Struts if the spring sits on a plate part way up the tube of the 'shock'.

Correct...I did a TLH thing to help your cause

R28.jpg

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah there were different pictures on almost every website so im not sure what is what.
putting in each part number shows the suitable models to use them here they are

35-0823
https://www.monroe.com.au/trade-cor...823&search_type=part_number&form_used=sidebar

35-0773
https://www.monroe.com.au/trade-cor...773&search_type=part_number&form_used=sidebar

can see here in the second link it shows (10/07 to 08/11) - VE, VEII with FE2 or Equivalent Lowered Suspension, Ute.
The top link ONLY shows models after 09/11
Well there you go, why do they make it so bloody confusion.. Good Luck.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The part number listed by OP is the correct design and does not have eyelets top and bottom as suggested.
Overall the shock will fit. No problems.
35-0788 looks like the part required for a 2011 Ute from what I make of it.
However call them to clear up any confusion.

I used the GT Sport on ours
Yip I did correct my self as stated above there are many sites show the part number with the wrong photo..

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Guessing i should probably listen to the monroe website who actually make the part and they say 35-0773 which is not the part i ordered so i guess i will most likely have to call up first thing monday before they ship the wrong ones, bit stupid that most of the stockists of the parts say the ones i ordered are compatible for my car but the monroe website says differently, would of been helpful if their was compatibility info on the 0773's on the website i ordered from but it has nothing. they say the 35-0823's fit every year of the VE and all models so thats a bit confusing and misleading...