Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Rear shock absorbers, early and late model VE's different?

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Ooook, now that i have looked at the monroe website again theres actually a little button you can press when hovering over the part number and it lets you 360 view the part, they do both look the same. just a different part number for before and after the 09/11 models so either part number will probably fit anyway and the ones i ordered were the cheaper anyway, unsure what benefit i would get by ordering the part number for the models earlier than 09/11....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
All I can make out is that date is roughly when the series 2 was introduced. Still the same set up.

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
All I can make out is that date is roughly when the series 2 was introduced. Still the same set up.
mine is an 04/11 and series 2 so the change is still 5 months after that, bit weird

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
the ones what are in there now probably wont be monroe ones, the guy doing the job just works from home and think he said the ones holden put in aren't even gas and are **** so will be a different brand and part number??

Holden struts are gas filled....The real early ones were oil filled, but can't remember when the changeover occurred

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The way I go about it is, get on the phone and order or at least obtain part numbers.

From what I have seen on the internet, pictures put up seem only to be for display purposes....ie, a picture showing it is a certain part, not necessarily the correct part for your application.

Yes, it might be me being an old bastard, but it saves a lot of headaches ordering incorrect parts over the internet and having to return them and have your car off the road for longer than absolutely necessary, because of things like this