Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Rear shock absorbers, early and late model VE's different?

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Hey all, have just bought some new rear shocks online for my 2011 VE Series 2 SS Ute with FE2 suspension and bought some Monroe 35-0823's as thats what the website came up with when i entered my vehicle details. however after buying these i had a look on the monroe website and says the 0823's are for models of 09/11 and after, my VE is an 04/11 model i believe and the website says for that month i use 35-0773. so my question is was the suspension/rear shocks changed after the 09/11 model and will these shocks i just bought fit my car? they haven't been sent out yet so asking here for a quick answer so i can ring up first thing monday and possibly cancel my order before its delivered/sent. Thanks

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ring them up or send a message on your order and tell them your car details as you stated and get it sorted. edit Bottom one was incorrect

Last edited:

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Have a look at yours, the ones you paid for is the bottom picture.
Ok thanks, so clearly the models before 09/11 and after are quite different then? bought them off automotive superstore which i have used before, says that they would fit all VE models pretty much under the compatibility but they must be wrong, so ring them up first thing monday and if mine is an 04/11 model ill need the top picture ones correct? think they were an extra $10 each. also bought some NGK iridium spark plugs too so hope they gave me the right model there also, i was going to look at buying ngk platinum but it only shows platinum for v6 models which i thought was strange. surely iridiums aren't the only option for a v8 VE

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have a look at yours the shock strut will be inside the spring, if yours are in there then u will need the top picture if they are on the outside then the bottom picture.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This is the correct one according to there site,
img01.jpg

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
Have a look at yours the shock strut will be inside the spring, if yours are in there then u will need the top picture if they are on the outside then the bottom picture.
Tried looking under my car then but can't see much And I don't know alot about cars I'm getting someone else to install them. Can you tell by this picture? The automotive superstore just has the same picture for all their different models and no vehicle compatibility information for the one I think I need and didn't order. Going by Monroe's website I think I have probably ordered wrong

Attachments

• 20200118_165240.jpg
    20200118_165240.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 197

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They
Hey all, have just bought some new rear shocks online for my 2011 VE Series 2 SS Ute with FE2 suspension and bought some Monroe 35-0823's as thats what the website came up with when i entered my vehicle details. however after buying these i had a look on the monroe website and says the 0823's are for models of 09/11 and after, my VE is an 04/11 model i believe and the website says for that month i use 35-0773. so my question is was the suspension/rear shocks changed after the 09/11 model and will these shocks i just bought fit my car? they haven't been sent out yet so asking here for a quick answer so i can ring up first thing monday and possibly cancel my order before its delivered/sent. Thanks

They should fit fine. Even something from a VF will fit VE.
It's probably something to do with internals?
I did the VE a couple of years ago and used struts for VE-VF Monroe ones.

Some impressive googling going on in this thread.

Danc91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder
They

Ok that's weird then since both shocks look like they would fit quite differently having different ends, Monroe website for VFs has completely different part numbers for shocks so if they all are the same and fit eachother it should say that somewhere.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
They

He is doing rear on a ve s2 ss ute. Not struts.