Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fe2 + sl

andrew46

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
Hey guys, have looked around abit but couldn't find any pictures
is there anyone on hear that is running fe2 in the fronts and SL's in the rears that they have a picture of handy ?
want to bring the back down abit as stock its ugly high, but not a huge fan of extremely lowered cars.
cheers

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
10 characters.

Last edited:

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Super low is not "extemely low" by any stretch of the imagination. And you're a damned fool if you think this is a good idea, it looks stupid and safe handling is affected as well.

Next you will be asking how to chop springs and hook up a mini spool in your diff.

Are you for real??

andrew46

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
Super low is not "extemely low" by any stretch of the imagination. And you're a damned fool if you think this is a good idea, it looks stupid and safe handling is affected as well.

Next you will be asking how to chop springs and hook up a mini spool in your diff.

Don't plan on doing either of those things mate, youll never see the day I spool my car.
Besides who needs to advice on how to do those things anyway?

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike

^^What are you smoking?
....not a huge fan of extremely lowered cars.
cheers

I totally agree with FE2 being a bit high in the rear, the rear of my wagon is too high. I'd love to drop it a bit, but I struggle enough with driveways and speed bumps. When I recently carted 600kg of tiles in the back of my wagon it looked perfect. I reckon SL would be alright. I know plenty of people that have dropped the rear only. But if lowering the rear you will put out your camber and toe in the rear and the vt's and vx's have no adjustment, which means camber kit required and the vy and maybe vx II has limited adjustment. I can't be bothered, so I just drive around with 600kg of tiles in the back every day. Haha, don't worry tim smith, I don't actually.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006-2013/157708-fe2-vs-super-lows-vs-ultra-lows-height-differences.html

Have a look through the my rides section to see what heights people are running with photos. Looks will depend on your wheel size too.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Hey guys, have looked around abit but couldn't find any pictures
is there anyone on hear that is running fe2 in the fronts and SL's in the rears that they have a picture of handy ?
want to bring the back down abit as stock its ugly high, but not a huge fan of extremely lowered cars.
cheers
Here is a pic of when i had pedders touring springs in the rear (which are basically the same height as superlows which i have now) and still had FE2 in the front. Might
give you some idea on looks. Handled a bit strange with that set up thats why i went full short shocks and sl all round later.
SSblackwheels2.jpg

Then Superlow all round:
IMG_0035_zpsca1cf357.jpg

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
super low is not "extemely low" by any stretch of the imagination. And you're a damned fool if you think this is a good idea, it looks stupid and safe handling is affected as well.

well who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning lol!!!!!

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
10 characters.

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
kanga, that 2nd shot looks about how a car should be IMHO. Nice car.