Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Suspention kit question

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
I have noticed that My 1998 VT Wagon is very rough when driving, as in yiu can feel every bumb in the road and it has gotten worse since changing from Holden 15 inch Alloys to some ROH international 17 inch mags. :yeah:

I took it into a holden dealership to have the 120000 kms service reminder reset and mentioned the rough ride so he had a quick look and told me that i have got FE2 suspention installed on the car and this is why the car shakes with every bump in the road.

The car has nott been lowered and wont be due to the heavy loads i occasionaly carry in it.

Is there any way i can confirm if i have FE2 suspention in the car and if i do is there any way to make it a bit softer so driving wont be so bone jarring.

Thanks.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Is there any way i can confirm if i have FE2 suspention in the car and if i do is there any way to make it a bit softer so driving wont be so bone jarring.

Thanks.

yep, lift your bonnet, look to your right, there should be a plate there just above the headlight, it has a thing on there..SUSP FE2, well mine does anyway.
hope that helps:thumbsup:

batemada

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have just had a look at the plate and it says SUSP: STD, the holden dealer thought that it had been installed by a previous owner, if this is so is there any other way i can find out if i do have FE2?

Is FE2 adjustable?

batemada

Reaction score
Members Ride
The strage thing is that my car does not appear to be lowered so i never considered that it may have FE2 suspention.

I will be getting it looked at next week at my local garage and if it does have FE2 i will get it chnaged back to the standard type for commodores becuse the bumps and rattles are that bad.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
17 inch wheels will give a rougher ride than 15 inch wheels so changing to standard suspension will help a bit but unless you change back to 15's then the ride won't be quite like stock.

batemada

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh i realised that changing to 17 would make things a bit rougher but not as bad as it is, i have just done 800kms of driving in the last few days and afterwards have got a very sore back from all the shaking experinced over the last few days of open road driving.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Your shocks could be stuffed. Did holden check them?