Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Robbo77

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
G'day

Having a hard time finding shocks to fit the fe2 suspension
Will stock (omega/evoque) shocks suit the fe2 or do I need lowered shocks, was more under the impression they were for aftermarket lowered (king ssl etc.)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/254025432058
These Gabriel's say they fit any VF excl. Fe2 etc. Question is would they still fit fine or do I need Monroe gt lowered? Or are they too low and there's a fe2 suitable set of decent shocks available?
Keen on something a bit better than stock like Gabriel ultras or kyb, but can't currently afford bilsteins or anything too upmarket. Sachs were another option
Apologies for questions I feel I shouldn't have though haven't found any definitive answer
Cheers for any help appreciate it

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i was under the impression that the shocks were all the same, just spring rates changed.
but happy to be proven wrong.

Robbo77

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
i was under the impression that the shocks were all the same, just spring rates changed.
but happy to be proven wrong.
That's what I was thinking too, just the listing through me off -
Note: This ultra gas strut set suits all VF models excluding FE2, FE3 or OE lowered suspension.
Thinking it should still fit but didn't want to risk no returns you know how it gets

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I had Bilstein B8's and Kings in my VX and the stock VF setup is miles ahead for my daily driving needs.

I don't know why so much aftermarket stuff gets rated as highly as it does.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
My old VZ wagon had FE2 suspension,and the shocks were replaced (after 13 years...) with Monroes without fuss or fanfare.
FE2 is more about the set up of the suspension proper, not the shocks alone or in isolation.
One of the big deal-makers that saw me jump at the VF SII was that I noticed it had FE2, evident while taking it though some aggressive cornering: no roll, yaw or dipping.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I would Go with the KYB ExcelG or Sachs turbo or even the Monroe gt gas. Gabriel Don't have the best reputation.
Guaranteed you can find all those shocks to suit FE2. And sometimes it's even worth checking the price for genuine ones from Holden or holmart.