Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Vs After market

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
How cheap's cheap? :) I'm in Melbourne too... though I drive a stock VXII Exec, with the ordinary suspension... hehe.

VTSick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC
$50 for all 4 springs. pm or email me if interested sorry Mods for off topic

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Can anybody confirm the height differences between the standard, FE2, Super low and Ultra low springs, I have a set of new FE2 springs off from an SV6, and looking lowering my VE omega with 18" wheels, and I really want to know is it worth to put the FE2 or I should go for a super or ultra low.
thanks

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
from the workshop manual FE2 is 36 mm lower

i have them in my vx and they're pretty firm

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Today called up some shops, lowest quoted is $400 with new king springs superlows, they also said if I supply the springs they can do it for $185, and If i dont need a new spring then they can compress the existing onces for $250, pedders quoted $720, tyre factory quoted $600 with new pedders springs.

Now I need to decide king springs or Pedders? which is better to go considering the cost aswell, or compressing my FE2's or stock? also what is coilovers???
Any advices..thanks

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Series 2
My thoughts.

I personally like the FE2. It has just the right amount of comfort but still giving you sports performance. Sure it will have its limits that other after market systems will better, but you need to think about what you want overall. Handling or comfort?

Some mates of mine have put super lows in there cars and the ride was crap. Handled like **** on a blanket but you felt every bump in the road. Being able to corner a high speed isn't everything in a car that you drive every day.

Just my thoughts.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
yea you get body roll probably wouldn't be as bad as stock but still it puts you off takin corners to fast, i found with my eb (drove like a boat) once i put some lovelle springs in it and some 17's and i swear it was on rails and will more then likely go on 2 wheels before sliding out absoultly brillient handeling, hell if anyones game enough i'll even prove it to ya:yeah:

go for lovelles i swear by em they are bloody good, **** all over kings

Hahahah you should ride in mine it's got strut brace, adjustable swaybars F/R and a set of DMS 40mm coilovers. There's a nice way to spend over $5000 lol

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I had selby sl springs. factory shocks front, and pedder rear shocks. Replaced that last year with lovells sl, kyb shocks. Had the 4 point camber kit done. The new suspension shits on the the old one. Softer over bumps, softer as a daily drive. But has great stability for fast sharp cornering. its amazing how it keeps such great smoothness. Yet it has the characteristics of an aftermarket setup when wanted.. So thats my take on my aftermarket suspension.

kane_coro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 SS 6 speed,VK Royale 308,VN V6 Ute
Super low kings and Bilsteins all round in my VX SS with 245/35/19 Toyo T1R tyres.Sticks like **** to a blanket and not to bad on bumps.With FE2 shocks and springs i was bellying out all the time even with one person in the car.Now it lower and doesnt touch the ground and doesnt roll.
Well worth the hefty bilstein cost.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
ive got fe2 on my maloo and i love it
Can anyone give their thoughts on FE2 vs Aftermarket suspension???

I have to raise my VX back up to near standard height due to the new body kit I just bought - (trial run and can't get out of the driveway) and the 19's that are coming.

I have Pedders suspension in it now which sits at the legal 100mm from the ground at the lowest point (looks sweet on 18's, but scrubs on big bumps) and is fairly hard - corners well.

My question is: Is it worth putting in the full FE2 setup or is there a aftermarket setup that is hard (not bouncy like standard) that will be good enough??
Keeping in mind that I can't lower it (prob 1-2 inches max from standard)

Thanks in advance