Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Vs After market

John Doe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII 5.7A4 Calais
Can anyone give their thoughts on FE2 vs Aftermarket suspension???

I have to raise my VX back up to near standard height due to the new body kit I just bought - (trial run and can't get out of the driveway) and the 19's that are coming.

I have Pedders suspension in it now which sits at the legal 100mm from the ground at the lowest point (looks sweet on 18's, but scrubs on big bumps) and is fairly hard - corners well.

My question is: Is it worth putting in the full FE2 setup or is there a aftermarket setup that is hard (not bouncy like standard) that will be good enough??
Keeping in mind that I can't lower it (prob 1-2 inches max from standard)

Thanks in advance

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
FE2 isn't really too different over standard height IMO... I currently have Super Lows and haven't scrubbed once, hitting speed bumps as fast I as I want and going up difficult driveways. Depending on your body kit, I doubt Super Lows would give you much grief and its still low enough to look hot.

FE2:
51bj2.jpg

Super Low:
3tl8.jpg

Craggles

VT 357
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 2000 Berlina 5.7ltr
Ive had after market suspension in my other cars, they were ok, but not perfect. I have FE2 in my Berlina and I love it, firm but not hard. Drives bloody fantastic. I have a corner near my place thats retrictid to 40km/h and I can take it at 85kkm/h sticking firm with no body roll. When it comes to ride, Im using 16" with 205.

VTSick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC
Fe2 will drop approx 25mm from normal height PM sent cheers
Frank

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Craggles said:
Ive had after market suspension in my other cars, they were ok, but not perfect. I have FE2 in my Berlina and I love it, firm but not hard. Drives bloody fantastic. I have a corner near my place thats retrictid to 40km/h and I can take it at 85kkm/h sticking firm with no body roll. When it comes to ride, Im using 16" with 205.
No body roll with FE2?

I find that hard to believe. They're firmer springs than standard granted, but they still have plenty of give in them. Mine had plenty of body roll in comparison to the suspension setup I've got now.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
ProphetVX said:
No body roll with FE2?.

yea you get body roll probably wouldn't be as bad as stock but still it puts you off takin corners to fast, i found with my eb (drove like a boat) once i put some lovelle springs in it and some 17's and i swear it was on rails and will more then likely go on 2 wheels before sliding out absoultly brillient handeling, hell if anyones game enough i'll even prove it to ya:yeah:

go for lovelles i swear by em they are bloody good, **** all over kings

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
for me aftermarket is shite loads better than the FE2 I had from factory..

You just have to make sure that you get good gear and a workshop that knows what they are doing..

I have Konis and Lovells and it is sweet as.. FE2 was way to harsh in comparrison.

ilovemyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
i have full fe2 in my vx, running on 18x8 with 235's. i take corners designed for 40k at 100 with no problems, if i wasnt paranoid about other traffic im sure i could take it quicker. body roll is minimal and when taking friends for a drive they always complement the handling. the springs are not too hard which in most cases on australias low quality roads compromises handling. it absorbes most bumps without a problem - almost feels as comfortable as stock suspension yet keeps all 4 tyres on the road with body roll to a minimum without fail. i love it, i just wish it looked a bit lower :(

ilovemyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
oh and fe2 took 5cm off standard height for me. after hearing you guys talk up superlow springs im tempted to go out and get some. but in all seriousness fe2 does the job perfectly for me.

VTSick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC
i have a set of Fe2 Springs off my Vt cheap in melb if interested cheers
Frank