Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 vs king springs

orange vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Does anyone know what the spring rate is on FE2 code EL as against King Springs KHRL-127. I have to take some weight in my VY ute from Melbourne to Kalgoorlie and don't want it to bottom out. I like the way the king springs look for height but they seem to sag too easily. As far as I can work out the Kings are 360-440 lb/in but I can't find any info on the FE2. I also have another set of standard rears code FA. I don't care what I put in as they will be replaced as soon as I get back from WA.
Any help on any or all of them would be appreciated.

cheers orange VX
(that's the wife's car)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yeah go with Poly air bags, I use them when ever I carry a full load of passengers and baggage.
I just keep a bike pump and air pressure stick gauge in the car.

orange vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Thanks for the replies fellas. I thought about them but we've had a few on the work cars burst. I really wanted to go just the spring. Asked at Holden today and they couldn't help me either. I've put on the FE2 springs. Looks better with the Kings though but I'll change them back when I return from WA.

cheers....orange VX