Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Vs Super lows Vs Ultra lows, height differences???

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
I checked the whole forum and I cant find any specific information on this,
Can anybody confirm the height differences between the standard, FE2, Super low and Ultra low springs, I have a set of new FE2 springs off from an SV6, and looking lowering my VE omega with 18" wheels, and I really want to know is it worth to put the FE2 or I should go for a super or ultra low.
thanks

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
How low do you want to go?

If you look at an SV6 and think it's a good height then use the FE2.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Throw them on and have a look, should only take about 30 mins or less per side if you know what you are doing.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
FE2 about 1cm from stock.
Lows 2-3cm from stock. (about an inch)
Superlows 4-5cm from stock. (about an inch and half)
Ultralows 6-7cm from stock. (about 2 inches)

Have a look at the "Show Off Your Ride" section.... plenty of pics there showing VE's at different heights.

If you have a wagon, drop the rear a little more than the front to balance it up and make it look even and get rid of some rake in the suspension setup. I went low at the front, and superlow at the rear... see pics on link below. Since those pics were taken, the suspension settled just a little bit more and in my opinion sits perfect. Nice even guard clearance with wheel edge (wheel doesnt tuck up into guard at top).

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
You just need some spring compressors, I bought some a few months ago for about $25 a pair. Hardest part was getting the top center nut off the strut but I found out later its easy a clamp and a rag.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
will go to a suspension center, dont wanna play with it.. just need to decide which on I go for, still thinking, as I got a set of FE2 springs with me already, almost new

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
just go ultras straight up. dont mess around trying different heights. i did that myself and regret spending all the money... if money permits, coilovers

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
I was thinking the same, called up some shops, lowest quoted is $400 with new king springs superlows, they also said if I supply the springs they can do it for $185, and If i dont need a new spring then they can compress the existing onces for $250, pedders quoted $720, tyre factory quoted $600 with new pedders springs.

Now I need to decide king springs or Pedders? which is better to go considering the cost aswell, or compressing my FE2's or stock? also what is coilovers???
Any advices..thanks