Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Feature Activation - dipping mirrors

pjjoh1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Anyone know if it's possible for the dealer to activate features like reverse dipping mirror that are there on the Calais but not on the SS-V? I assume it's just a setting in software. I also assume they wouldn't want to, in order to maintain model differentiation.

Regards,
PJ

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
From hear say and thats all it is, it wont be programmed into the computer so can not be turned on etc.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Not possible. The mirror dipping function is part of the seat memory module (NFI why). Basically on an SS the switch runs IIRC direct to the mirrors. On a Calais the body harness is different and routes mirror commands through the seat memory module.

Pallbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Amazing isn't it, although I am easily described as technically challenged, but I would have thought for sure if you had dipping mirros when putting the gearbox in reverse, it might, just might, work off the gearbox!

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I'm guessing from what you are describing, that there is no way to add the seat memory function either?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Well I guess anything's possible, you'll need a body harness, a seat memory module and either a) lots of custom programming or b) all the modules from a wrecked Calais and its VIN, including stuff like cluster, radio, etc otherwise you'll get a hardware mismatch and they'll refuse to program using GDS.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Ok. Thanks Smashfit for the answer. Dan.