Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Features of your car you don't like.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
OK, so it's a Captiva, not a Commodore, but it's relevant to all cars.

What features does your car have that you don't like?

Starting with the Captiva. After eight months with this Daewoo/Holden concoction, various features which weren't obvious at purchase time have popped their heads up and I'd prefer they had been left out by the designers.

1. Multiple press door release on the key buttons which can't be re-programmed to single press release. Bloody annoying because our car always has to have all four doors plus tail-gate released. Usually three presses required.
2. Alarm instead of automatic headlight shut-off. Ding-ding-ding everytime you switch off with headlights or indicators operating, instead of the setup on the VY that simply turned them off automatically without making a song and dance about it.
3. Same alarm if you leave the key in the ignition after switching off the engine and getting out the car.
4. Automatic hill descent switch. Hit that accidentally when on the move and see what happens. Seems to be a pretty useless feature anyway if you don't go off road.
5. Shift lever brake. You have to put your foot on the brake pedal to move from Park. During quick fore and aft shift transfers such as three pointers, this can be a pain if you accidentally put the trans in park instead of reverse. (Not hard to do because the trans selector only has Park, Reverse, Neutral and Drive positions. Individual lower ratios are selected using the "Sports-shift" or whatever they call it.)

Probably others, but that's enough for the moment. Overall, the Captiva is pretty satisfactory but these things tend to dull the senses a bit, particularly after the way that the Commie dealt with similar issues.

So, what don't you particularly like about your car?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
+1 for cars that only unlock one door with the remote. Bugs the clappers out of me, especially since you're usually first reaching for one of the passenger doors to put something away.

There is one feature on my HQ which dulls the senses a little.

The push-button windscreen washer, which triggers the wiper lever down upon use. Unlike most cars which wait a second or two, the HQ will start wiping immediately, usually blinding you in the process as mud and leaves are smeared everywhere while you wait for the water to make its way back up the jets.
Fixed though, because I moved the washer trigger away to a remote button allowing me to spray for hours before I wipe :)

But yeah. Some delay would have been nice :p

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
The center console that is designed for LHD so it opens the wrong way

And the fact it makes the same warning chime for Headlights on, seat belt off, door open, key in ignition etc etc

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Interior as black and shiny as Jacques Cousteau's wet suit

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
car's that don't unlock all doors at once pisses me off, also no boot relase button on the key drives me up the wall,
2 things i hate about my vs but my vr had.
non adjustable steering wheels on small cars, if i have to drive my nans jazz and im doing between 40 and 140km/h i got no idea

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
VS - Has no boot open button on the keys (on mine anyway). The fact that coolant goes through the Tensioner arm making the job a pain

Also the seats in my acclaim are horrible don't hold you in at all

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
VX - Rear seats don't fold down, trip computer not detailed enough, no aux-in on head unit (sticking with factory one for originality), cup holders only good for cans.

VB - What really bugs me is lack of air conditioning. Have not driven for the last fortnight because its too hot. Fuel tank venting is screwed up, can only get in 40L at a time from empty (unless fuel gauge is broken?), front painted steel apron chips easily and in the future with require a respray and some plastic wrapping. Surprisingly I can live with no cupholders, power steering, console bin, power windows, manual mirrors, and a mere 71kw LOL....

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
The seat belt alarm, which goes off if I put something heavy enough to trip it on the front seat. (Dad's Calais is the same, I imagine it'd be the same with most recent cars) And the lack of cup holders. RWD and more power would also be nice.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
several gripes with the vx calais. water runs down directly onto the power mirror switch when operating wipers with the drivers side window down. water drips into boot when opening it after it's been raining. handles like a balloon full of porridge with stock suspension.