Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few Probs with me vn wags

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Phoenix21 said:
not by the sounds of it god my car is full of problem i might end up selling it ok a normal person with a normal car would get about 400 / 500ks out of a full tank of petrol im getting just over 250 max 300 why would that be

Probably the o2/oxygen sensor would be a cause. They're meant to be replaced every 100,000km's atleast but very few people do...

Other possibiities in order of what I think is most likely are:
Faulty thermostat or coolant temperature sensor
Could just be your spark plugs or incorrectly gapped spark plugs
Faulty ignition leads
Faulty air flow sensor
A leak in the fuel system (generally in the fuel injectors, especially VR)
vacuum leak
Incorrect fuel pressure

It could be a mixture of things...but definitely the o2 sensor should be replaced, and check your leads and plugs! Thermostat as it could have been a problem for the heater also is high on the list.

Last edited:

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
my aircon switch isnt in the car at the moment. BUT when you plug it in and turn it on the clutch doesnt dissangage on the compressor and it just free spins.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
commy92 said:
my aircon switch isnt in the car at the moment. BUT when you plug it in and turn it on the clutch doesnt dissangage on the compressor and it just free spins.

:confused: you might wanna get that checked :p I bet an air con place would know the problem straight away :thumbsup: