Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few Probs with me vn wags

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
First off my water pump is screwed it keeps leaking water just wanted to know if thats hard to change im ganna buy the part in the next cople of days

2nd when im driving now days im getting a lot of rattling coming from my boot kinda like the boot isn't closed right any ideas what i should do about that

3rd it has been idleing pritty ruffly l8tly i'd take a video and show ya but i don't know how to put it on the net and make the file smaller, when i start the car and im out side of it, it kinda sounds like it backfiring but quitely

thanks for your help cheers Matt

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Phoenix21 said:
First off my water pump is screwed it keeps leaking water just wanted to know if thats hard to change im ganna buy the part in the next cople of days

2nd when im driving now days im getting a lot of rattling coming from my boot kinda like the boot isn't closed right any ideas what i should do about that

3rd it has been idleing pritty ruffly l8tly i'd take a video and show ya but i don't know how to put it on the net and make the file smaller, when i start the car and im out side of it, it kinda sounds like it backfiring but quitely

thanks for your help cheers Matt

Water pump isnt too bad. Just disconnect the battery as usual, remove the pump pulley bolts and disconnect the drive belt. Drain the cooling system. Remove the pulley from the water pump and then remove the water pump bolt and water pump from the engine as well.
You'll have to replace the water pump gasket too. You're spose to apply Permatex Lock Nut to the threads of each water pump bolt as well. Then refill the cooling system and put the drive belt back and run the car and check for coolant leaks to make sure its all ok. Oh and re-connect the battery after you refill the cooling system.

I also have recently noticed a rattling from my boot which I hear when I go over bumps and when my subs are on now too. Im not sure what it is yet though.... But it never used to rattle.

Also you may have a hole in your exhaust or something. Is the noise coming from the back of the exhaust or is the noise coming from halfway or something?

Last edited:

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey the noise from my boot is happening every time i go over a bump and it aint a quite noise its really loud and the noise from my exhaust is about half way

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well for the noise from your boot, check your number plate and make sure its screwed down tightly and is not vibrating when you go over the bump. Check theres nothing loose in the spare wheel well etc. as well.

Perhaps try taking your car to an exhaust place and asking what they think it is. They should have a quick listen and look for free and then advise you on the situation. It sounds like there is a hole in the cat or the exhaust pipe somewhere.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
noise could also be your rear whiper motor has come loose.. Got subs, cuase my subs rattled mine out of place. hahaha.. Could be a broken zorst mount. Just get under and have a look

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
commy92 said:
noise could also be your rear whiper motor has come loose.. Got subs, cuase my subs rattled mine out of place. hahaha.. Could be a broken zorst mount. Just get under and have a look

The sedans dont have a rear wiper motor though. Although my car does have all the wiring for rear wipers and washers...not sure where the wiring stops though....

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
me cars a wagon i checked the wiper motor today thats fine it won't move at all i havn't got me sub in my car at the moment my xsort was missing a clip but that been fixed but yet there is still noise coming from the boot oh yer and ive check the number plate tight as can be

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phoenix21 said:
oh yer 1 more prob i just thort of my heater dosn't work at all all i get is fezzing cold air thanks

First off for the boot noise. Perhaps try putting your sub in the boot and turning it on...then tracing the noise with your ears til you find where abouts its coming from.

As for the heater, is it just the heater or does the A/C not work either?
Remember it takes a while to warm the air up on cold mornings, takes mine 15 minutes or so.

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
nope a/c not going either i remeber in summer last year i was getting warm air ive had me heating running for like 15mins or so and still nothing /
yer i'll try what ya said with the sub tomorrow