Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few Questions about VE AUTO

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
HI,

Just a quick question for an AUTO HSV OR SS

Most of people knows that, there is late responds on changing gear ( up / down shift in an Auto manual model, around like 1 sec lag ), Does this only happen on an early VE SS OR VE HSV?

Is there any some problem on a MY09 / E2 / E3 HSV ??

Hope someone can tell.

Cheers

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
AFAIK they're all like that, the HSV may be slightly better due to different tune but haven't driven one so can't be sure. An auto tune will correct (or at least reduce) the delay. My wife's vectra is the same, they're not a semi-auto or anything so they'll never be perfect.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
What you're describing is basically normal behavior for a conventional automatic transmission. There are some cars on the market (IE: Merc) that do have better quality autos that shift slightly quicker etc. DSG type boxes obviously give you that super quick change, but unfortunately we're yet to see them in the Holdens - Pretty sure Corvette have one though...?

In the HSV's, the auto's change harder from factory which can give the illusion that they are changing much quicker... But they're not, or at least not significantly.

I had my auto tuned when it went to Walkinshaw & it now behaves better then the HSV standard gear box tune & heaps better than the standard SS tune... Blips on down change, changes gears harder, etc etc etc.