Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

few questions on putting new stereo system in vx

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
so if i buy a head unit 4 6" speakers a sub and a amp and just run all the speakers to the amp can i run the sub off the amp to and will it sound alright? what sorta amp will i need

not really, try to think of each channel as a speaker like front left (FL) front right (FR )etc

a 4 channel amplifier will power 4 speakers. but all channels are being used so no you cant run a sub. thats the easiest way of explaining now as for your options

OPTION 1
Get a 4 channel amplifier for your speakers and a monoblock amp for your sub (mono block is specially designed for running subwoofers)

OPTION 2
run all your speakers off the head unit and just get a monoblock for your sub (with aftermarket speakers running off an aftermarket head unit you will get slightly clearer sound)

get a 4 channel amplifier and amp your front 2 speakers (leaving the rears ran off the head unit) and bridging the other 2 channels of the amp to power your subwoofer.

hope that helps. wow that was a fair long post for me. its HOLDENBOY POST!!!!!! :dance: