Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few questions

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
Hi All,

So I just bought a VF Commodore last week, I previously owned a VE Series 2. On the VE S2 it told me the range i had on the fuel so like "500km". Since getting my 2014 VF SV6 S1 I can't seem to find this feature at all? I would've thought Holden would've just continued to keep feature?

2nd question: I live in QLD and is it illegal to tint my headlight covers a grey smokey colour?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The Driver Information Center (DIC) shows information screens that you can select by pressing the Menu button on the indicator stalk.
Repetedly pressing the Menu button will scroll the upper level Information Screens (i think there are 3 of them).
Rotating the Ring on the indicator stalk within a given Information Screen will scroll through the submenu items for that Information Screen.
Pressing (and/or pressing and holding?) the Set/CLR button on the end of the indicator stalk will pop up some selection menu or clear some setting for what is displayed in the DIC.

You should find Trip/Fuel menu when pressing Menu button, then rotating the ring will bring up Fuel Range (atleast it does on my MSE).

If this menu doesn't exist on your model, it's possible Holden may not offer it for that specific modle (yes they'd be tight arses d!cks to do such a thing and it's bulls!t).

As to what QLD allows wrt tinted headlight covers, i have no idea.
All i know is that yellow headlamps on my motorbike were illegal south of the river (back in the day when i actually used a motorbike).
So i could speculate that QLD may consider tinted covers as colored lights and thus illegal.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I live in QLD and is it illegal to tint my headlight covers a grey smokey colour?

When I lived on the Gold Coast in the late 80s, my Torana had tinted headlight covers.

The plod was more interested in the dixieland airhorns it had rather than the headlight covers.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Depending on your VF you may also have a ‘fuel used’ function on the trip computer. For some weird reason it’s not on the top of the line models with coloured display screens.... o_O

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Depending on your VF you may also have a ‘fuel used’ function on the trip computer. For some weird reason it’s not on the top of the line models with coloured display screens.... o_O
I always found that strange but on the VE io was on the Berlina and Calais models and also SSV. I really missed the litres used and litres remaining.

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
Sweet, thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately, I crashed my car on Tuesday this week.. only had it for about 5 days. So now i have the long 2 week wait to get it back, then I'll look into the fuel range. Thanks again!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sorry to hear you pranged your car.

As long as it’s just metal that’s damaged and no people were injured, it’s a good outcome. Insurnace will fix things for you without too much drama. Fixing people is a lot more difficult...

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
Sorry to hear you pranged your car.

As long as it’s just metal that’s damaged and no people were injured, it’s a good outcome. Insurnace will fix things for you without too much drama. Fixing people is a lot more difficult...

I agree, luckily all okay. It did show me however how strongly built the VF Commodore is. It damaged my front end alright, but the Toyota Camry had pretty bad damage to both doors and front end.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited: