Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few questions

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I agree, luckily all okay. It did show me however how strongly built the VF Commodore is. It damaged my front end alright, but the Toyota Camry had pretty bad damage to both doors and front end.

GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Meh, that'll buff out.....just a love tap.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
what was the repair quote?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
On the VE S2 it told me the range i had on the fuel so like "500km". Since getting my 2014 VF SV6 S1 I can't seem to find this feature at all

all of that programming is in the dash cluster so it not being on some models could vary depending on the software version installed into the cluster at the factory.

the range will just be a calculation the cluster makes depending on the fuel level in the tank(known tank size) and the fuel usage(liters per 100km) so it will something the cluster does internally and not reliant on the model of vf it is in so if it is really something you need you could look for a cluster at a wrecker that has it and install it into your vf and it should work.

if you do go down that path you will need to have the eeprom in the new cluster flashed with your vin number for it to work
there is info on that here: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/mylink-vin-eeprom.266357/#post-2917162

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
what was the repair quote?

All covered by insurance, just paid an excess of $1,000.00. Didn't get told how much it would've been, but well over $1,000.00

all of that programming is in the dash cluster so it not being on some models could vary depending on the software version installed into the cluster at the factory.

the range will just be a calculation the cluster makes depending on the fuel level in the tank(known tank size) and the fuel usage(liters per 100km) so it will something the cluster does internally and not reliant on the model of vf it is in so if it is really something you need you could look for a cluster at a wrecker that has it and install it into your vf and it should work.

if you do go down that path you will need to have the eeprom in the new cluster flashed with your vin number for it to work
there is info on that here: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/mylink-vin-eeprom.266357/#post-2917162

Cheers mate! Not sure if it'll help but my commodore is a 2014 Holden Commodore SV6 VF S1 MY14.

Also, just another question. Is there a way to make the DRL stay on at night aswell as the headlights? I'd love for the DRL's to stay on all the time while driving, especially at night ;)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ DRL’s staying on at night require you to mod them; they’re too bright to be legal at night, and one of the easiest ways to tweak it is to get a hold of the HSV stuff that halves their wattage once the headlights go on. There’s no MyLink setting for it, though.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
All covered by insurance, just paid an excess of $1,000.00. Didn't get told how much it would've been, but well over $1,000.00...
Not wanting to sound negative but it’s your car and you should know what and how they are repairing it regardless of the fact the insurance company is paying.

Just remember, insurance companies have an interest to minimise their repair costs while you should have an interest to ensure the work is done correctly and to a high standard (or as Holden specifies whichever is the best). Don’t settle for 2nd hand parts parts and insist that new Holden parts are used... talk to the repairers to ensure no corners are cut and hammer the insurance company if things are not being done to best practice.

Oh, and some insurance companies provide a lifetime repair warranty but it’s only useful if you push them if you have issues, many don’t. Often they try and claim all sorts of crap to get out of their lifetime warranty. In one case, one insurance company tried to get out of repainting my car when the paint started to delaminate many years down the track, so they tried to write off the car at a silly low low price as the car was not worth much in their view (but in excellent mechanical and body condition, ignoring paint issues), yada yada yada... months of hassles but at the end they folded like a cheap deck of cards and actually wrote off the car but paid out what was listed in the policy back when the accident actually occurred... back in the day tried to tell them the just over 2 yo car was not worth repairing based on the damage that occurred.... cost them an absolute bucket...

So show some interest in what they are proposing and get it fixed correctly at the start or get them to make a decision to write it off and go buy another ;)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Good point!

insurance or not you should be involved in the whole process.
My wife had a 2016 cruze and it got a love tap from a ute on the rear left hand side it wasnt much and was still drivable.
Insurance paid 8400 to fix it when we got it back i noticed the c pillar was buckled and it was still a cruze so it went to the tradein yard.

You should always try and be involved in the insurance process especially on houses.
My whole house burnt down in 2014 and a long story short...

they were going to try replace it with a cladded home because it was an old fibro that burnt down but i got involved and got my own quotes from dale alcock a big builder here and got a double brick with all the trimmings like stone bench tops, 900mm appliances, full ducted reverse cycle aircon when i only had a single split system originally lol and a pile of other crap.
It was all because i was fully involved in the process and didnt accept what they were offering so i worked within the limit of my policy and the insurance company was happy with it.

Get involved and dont accept anything you are not happy with.